Cost of Balcony Rooms (2 questions)

MrsWhite831

In your experience (or opinion) do the prices of Balcony rooms drop right before sailing? I have been watching prices daily since we booked and trying to plead a case to upgrade to DH, lol. The oceanview rooms and inside (which we have) have dropped dramatically but it seems like Balconies are holding strong.

2nd Question- we're booked in a room that "will accommodate 3" (we have a toddler) does that mean more square footage than standard inside rooms? I was thinking of upgrading to an OV if I can't do a balcony but the only advantage is sq. footage and I was wondering if $60 is worth the 15/20 sq feet. I don't want to do it if our room is already a similar size.

Pricing is a supply and demand issue. If bookings are strong in a category, prices won't decline. There's no way to predict what will happen to prices on any particular cruise.

Cabin sizes within a particular category are fairly uniform, regardless of whether a cabin is listed as holding two or three. In other words, most inside cabins on any particular ship are virtually identical.

Regarding if $60 is more square feet...the answers will vary. I feel that you can never have too much space and we pay extra. Some people only use a room to shower, store clothes, and sleep so it means little to them.

But if that is also upgrading you to an outside, you will also have beautiful views and natural light. Keep nudging DH for that balcony though...and as NJH stated....varies sailing by sailing due current bookings, but keep any eye out for that drop and snag it when it does!

Archived