Glass bottom boats in Holetown

pink rose

Have a few questions...

How long is the drive from the cruise terminal to the glass bottom boats at Holetown?

How many people tend to be on those boats? Do they help you out with snorkeling if you're a beginner? Can you really get a decent view of the turtles & shipwreck from the glass if you don't want to swim?

Does anyone know the names of any of the glass bottom boat operators? I can't find any but Shasa & they're booked up.

Is it possible to do all this in one day in port, with a vehicle:

drive to Holetown & do a 1 hr 35 minute glass bottom boat, spend 2 hours at Accra, see both Crane beach & North Point, driving the East coast in between ?

Thanks!

Is it possible to do all this in one day in port, with a vehicle:

drive to Holetown & do a 1 hr 35 minute glass bottom boat,

spend 2 hours at Accra,

see both Crane beach & North Point,

driving the East coast in between ?

If you simply must do this all in one day

you've got them stacked in a kinda criss-cross order, dodging about all over the island. :cool:

Thinking geographically now, here's the order you should attempt this:

* Drive to Holetown, do the turtle/glass-bottom thing.

* Then do North Point (since Holetown is kinda halfway there?)

* Drive the East Coast in between North Point and Crane

* Then do Accra on your way back towards the Port

If you've got a good driver who knows his stuff and doesn't lag behind

it is possible to do this all in one day, but you should keep an eye on your watch

and run a tight schedule, OK? ;)

Thanks for the info! I didn't really have it in a geographic order, but thanks for pointing out the right way to do ti. We do have a driver, but I thought doing all this might be aggressive so maybe we'll scale it back & drop something or swim with the turtles off the jetty in Oistins.

Any input on swimming with the turtles in Oistins vs. glass bottom boat in Holetown? Quality of water, types of turtles or quantities etc... Do you know if non-swimmers can really get a decent look from the glass bottom?

There are so many things we want to do while there .. & this is our 2nd time stopping at Barbados on a cruise (last one 15 years ago) ... I think we just need to fly there & stay a few days...:)

Thanks again!

• 4 weeks later...

We did the glass bottom boat tour March 22 with Mark Jackman from Seaspray Watersports. Ph 249-5001. I believe they have a website. We were not there on a cruise this time but rented a villa from a local resident. It was him who recommended Mark.There were about 10 of us on the boat at 10am and you should have no trouble getting there for that time because it shouldn't take much more than half an hour to Holetown. It was a great tour and we saw lots of turtles and schools of fish. We took the Heatwave tour a few days earlier and this was much better as far as snorkeling goes(Heatwave is longer & has lunch). I think the snorkeling was better because we were among the first boats there-it takes the others a while to come from Bridgetown and maybe the turtles are hungrier earlier in the day.

I am interested in a Glass bottom boat too anyone?

We snorkelled on Shamon Too with Kenrick, Michael his brother organised the tour. The tour was fabulous, Kenrick is good with the children. He is informative about homes on the coastline and local fish and most important the turtles. He is able to bring them straight to the boat area.

The business is owned by Monica of Westwater Adventures. You can reach trhem at 2336089 or 2328157. Their tours start at 10. a.m but are able to arrange an earlier one to accommodate you.

Archived