Constellation Inside Cabin

iann

Hi - Hope someone can help.

Last year we had an inside cabin on Century - cabin was really nice and suited us fine, especially as we had a port intensive itinerary. (More spending money for the Martini Bar!).

This year we are looking at Constellation. From the photos I've seen, the inside cabins look pretty drab compared to Century. I know she is going into dry dock soon, but don't know what is being refurbed.

Would appreciate views/feedback from anyone who has experienced these cabins.

Thankyou!

Karen

Let's hope they do a major renovation of those inside and window cabins. We had an inside cabin on the Constellation 2 years ago and the musty, foul odor was so bad they had to flood the cabin with deodorizer. Even the hallway outside smelled bad. Remember, they used to allow smoking in all cabins on most cruise lines. Without a window to open they never could really get the cabin properly aired out. And as for my cabin, I suspect there was a water leak at some time that was not properly fixed and insulation in the walls and the carpet smelled.

We've sailed Constellation 5 times (2006, 2007, 2008 and twice in 2009). 3 of those were in inside cabins, but the were all mid-ship Vista Deck.

I have had no problem with those inside cabins. So I would not hesitate to book one of those.

I cannot speak to the inside cabins that are on deck 2 or 3. There are no cabins on deck 4 or 5 and there are no insides on deck 6. So then the next deck is 7.

Good luck.

Anne Maria

We were on deck 2. We complained about the smell in our first cabin to the hotel manager. He then offered to move us down the hall to a different cabin. It smelled just as bad. Then he offered a window cabin on deck two in an area much farther away on deck 2. It did not smell so we took it.

We had cabin 8024 in November 09, and it was fine. No odor (and I'm sensitive to odors!) The cabin stewards were great, the location was good, the beds were comfortable. No complaints.

And definitely more money to spend in the Martini Bar!!!

My friend and I were on the Constellation this past February.

We had a guarantee and received one of 3 inside cabins (9187) on deck 9 aft.

We were thrilled and our TA said it was the highest grade inside cabin. It was very nice and no bad smells etc, Maybe you will get lucky if you booked a guarantee.Sue

Hi - Hope someone can help.

Last year we had an inside cabin on Century - cabin was really nice and suited us fine, especially as we had a port intensive itinerary. (More spending money for the Martini Bar!).

This year we are looking at Constellation. From the photos I've seen, the inside cabins look pretty drab compared to Century. I know she is going into dry dock soon, but don't know what is being refurbed.

Would appreciate views/feedback from anyone who has experienced these cabins.

Thankyou!

Karen

We just returned from two weeks (inside cabin) on Constellation. The only complaint I had about our cabin was there was no full length mirror in the room. Other than that it was fine. The April refurb includes all new carpets and bedding for the inside cabins.

We have been on the Plaza deck in an inside room on the Connie 3 times and have never had any problems. The rooms were clean and odor free. We are planning a cruise in the fall in an inside room again . WE have always had a balcony or an oceanview room for many cruise, but we like to have the extra money for excursions and onboard the ship.

Archived