Cost of excursions

I've always booked excursions through independent operators but for Alaska we're thinking we might book some through the ship. Is there a list of the pricing for excursions through NCL online or do I have to call to get this info?

In the right hand corner of their webpage is a link for shore excursions. Click on that and you'll be taken to a page where you can pick a destination in order to see the excursions offered along with their prices.

My recommendation is that you search on line for some fine offers that

are outside of the excursions offered by cruise lines.

Due diligence with web searching will find you many outstanding offers that will save you money and time.

I personally visited Alaska, 9/04 , (Celebrity) and took many tours from research I had done. Was extremely careful, did research on the firms and was quite pleased.

Best to you.

I've always booked excursions through independent operators but for Alaska we're thinking we might book some through the ship. Is there a list of the pricing for excursions through NCL online or do I have to call to get this info?

What is your thinking about booking w/NCL? Are you concerned that some of the excursions take you so far from the ship that you'd risk missing it? I've been to Alaska twice and always booked independently.

Since you've done this before independently, pre-booking, I'm sure you know that the livelihood of the tour providers depends upon their getting passengers more quickly to their destination, in smaller groups, and back to the ship with time to spare. I'm not talking about picking up a cab ride and he doesn't get you back. I'm talking about tour operators.

My first cruise I took all ship's excursions. Although I enjoyed the places we went, I decided entirely too much time was spent in getting the group together in a meeting place on the ship, and then in getting people on and off buses, so from then on I booked small groups, got to see more, and saved money as well.

I started reading through the NCL excursions and researching tours through CC and other sites. As I mentioned, I'm very comfortable booking on my own since that is typically how we travel (never use a TA). I was considering NCL because this is the first time we're travelling with 2 young kids (8 mo/2 yrs) but after doing more research, we plan to book with independent tour operators. Why pay more when you don't have to? Thanks again.

Archived