Navy Blue Dress

I need some help ~ I usually like black dresses. I found a long formal dress that is navy blue with a tiny amount of "glitter" through it in a little bit brighter blue ~ hard to describe. I would like to find a shawl for it since it is thin straps. Any suggestions on color. Also I have all black dress shoes. Thanks for all your help!!:)

Wear a metallic, strappy shoe....black and navy blue are too close in color to "match"...silver, gold, pewter, copper....all will be great!

You may not need a "wrap" at all...I've brought one on almost all cruises, but have NEVER needed it...and it's a pain to carry around....so I stopped packing it...the ship isn't too cold, or too hot.

I agree with CB on the bolder shoe choice! and even get a pretty color painted on your toes. I happen to have a navy blue on my toes right now. And good job finfing the strappy shoes you already have!

I went with a bolder color for my dress too for my cruise! Im not taking a wrap either...but if your self concious, maybe you could find one to match your shoes, like a flowy goldish color with maybe some metalic in it..I bet that would look great.

Thanks for the suggestions:D. Just tried dress with my goldish shoe & I thought it looked good.

Next question ~ dress has a "scoopish" neck line and is very elegant. What kind of necklace & what color? Gold to match shoes?? I wish I could post a pic but I am not good on the computer!!

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...

Your purse doesn't have to match your shoes, which can sometimes be tough to do! You can go with a multi-coloured beaded number or something startlingly different. Then you can match a wrap to your purse if you want. I don't know if you have Le Chateau where you are, but they have artificial fiber wraps in every colour known to man.

Navy blue-the best colour in existence. I too vote for the silver metallic shoe, or grey, as well as for the wrap-though it also may depend on the colour of the sparkles of your dress.

Archived