How Will Allure Differ?

:D What do you think will be different on the Allure?

My guess is that they will do away with board walk.

We sailed Jan 23rd and made several trips by the board walk and you could count the amount of people in the area on one hand.I have been looking at the live web cam this past few days and that hasnt seemed to change.I think RCCL blew that one.:eek:

We sailed Jan 23rd and made several trips by the board walk and you could count the amount of people in the area on one hand.I have been looking at the live web cam this past few days and that hasnt seemed to change.I think RCCL blew that one.:eek:

I would guess again.

Boardwalk is too big an area to change. They can't just decide to suddenly have the back of the ship filled in and what else could they theme the area as? The problem with the area has nothing to do with the structure or ambience of the area, it is a lack of things happening in the area. Unlike the Promenade and Central Park that can fall back on pass through traffic you don't use the Boardwalk unless something is happening which is rare. I can see them removing the Seafood Shack in favor of some sort of entertainment venue in order to draw people through the boardwalk.

Most times we went to the Boardwalk area you could swing a dead cat in any direction and not hit anything. We went to Johny Rockets a couple of times for breakfast which was nice becasue you could order off a menu and it was still free. My wife and I looked at the Seafood Shack menu a couple of times and could not find anything on the menu to justify $7.95. We also never saw more that four people in it an any given time.

Most times we went to the Boardwalk area you could swing a dead cat in any direction and not hit anything. We went to Johny Rockets a couple of times for breakfast which was nice becasue you could order off a menu and it was still free. My wife and I looked at the Seafood Shack menu a couple of times and could not find anything on the menu to justify $7.95. We also never saw more that four people in it an any given time.

Yea we were 21 people on our cruise and this area did nothing to float any of our boats /Not 1 not even 1 of us were impressed.

Boardwalk is always empty? Do passengers not attend the shows in the Aquatheater? I doubt there will be substantial changes, i.e., the will still be a Boardwalk. Maybe they will change some of the individual shops but the concept itself is too integral to the plans to be removed entirely this late in the construction process.

Yea.....I am not getting the entirely empty thing either.....was PLENTY action back there when I was aboard....place was even quite busy during the day when they had all family activities going on....at night both before and after the Aqua show it's packed.

i was at class about oasis and the only difference right now is they are doing away with sea shack and putting in a mexican resturant

Some thing has to give ,Im not sure a Mexican Place will do the trick however it might be nice.Maybe we will see a ferris wheel ,who knows but right now its a big bomb.

By the time Oasis had its first passenger the Allure's hull was complete. There will not be an major differences between the two ships.

Look at the Voyager class. It was not until the fourth ship was built that there were any major changes.

Most times we went to the Boardwalk area you could swing a dead cat in any direction and not hit anything.

I don't think you are allowed to bring dead cats on the cruise. Can't you swing something else?

Boardwalk is always empty? Do passengers not attend the shows in the Aquatheater? I doubt there will be substantial changes, i.e., the will still be a Boardwalk. Maybe they will change some of the individual shops but the concept itself is too integral to the plans to be removed entirely this late in the construction process.

Passengers attend the shows but this is where RCCL is failing in their onboard setup. When the shows are going on everything on the Boardwalk is closed. You walk through a dead zone on the ship to get to the show and then leave afterwards. They should have everything open until 15-30 minutes after the last show ends. I'm sure kids (or adults) would like a carousel ride after the show but it closes by dinner time. You can't even get a coffee at the donut shop after the show. The only thing open from what I could tell was the Boardwalk Bar and I'm not even positive about that.

You folks don't think the Board Walk area will be a popular location in the summer when the ship is filled with families and lots of kids?

I LOVE the idea of the Mexican restaurant but agree with the previous poster who said it doesn't fit the traditional Board Walk theme. I really liked the design of the Seafood Shack but liked neither the menu nor the price. Perhaps the concept should change from Board Walk to Circus Midway. Then you could add in the ferris wheel and various other state fair staples.

In regard to the dead time at the Board Walk, my guess is that it reflects a staffing problem. In order to keep all those venues open longer, RCI would have to have more staff. It might to be too expensive to do that unless those shops are bringing in enough revenue to justify the extra hours. Of course, they bring in NO revenue if they are closed.

Just off the Oasis and ran into the Hotel Director in the elevator and asked him what changes will be on the Allure and he said just some minor changes that will create more "excitement". He didn't elaborate and at that point he got off the elevator!

Archived