7th deck humps on Jewel

I had cabin 7602 on the Serenade (sister ship) two years ago and didn't notice any obstruction. I know that other deck 7 balcony cabins have the lifeboat cover just outside the balcony (which prevents you from looking down into the water) but that was not the case with the hump cabins.

There is NO obstruction...your outward view will be clear and ample....it's only looking downward that you won't be able to see the hull of the ship....unless you plan on scraping barnacles off the hull, it really shouldn't matter to the overall quality of the cruise experience!

Actually, we had the "life boat cover" obstruction on the Radiance. We hated it. We are the type that just love to look down at the sea rushing by us. I think if we would have been up a couple of decks it wouldn't have bothered us so much but I sure hated it on deck #7. I did note that those cabins on the hump did not have that obstruction and vowed that next time we book a Radiance class ship, we would go for the hump no matter what deck.

We had 7600 on the Serenade and it was the perfect room! Center of the hump, so you could see all the way forward, back and down! We got great photographs of Alaska from our balcony.

It was also great to have a centrally located room- close to the elevators but it was a short walk up or down the stairs to either the pool deck or the dining room.

7602 should have the same view. We have 7604 booked on an upcoming Jewel and have been told that, since we are towards the corner of the hump, that part of our view (15% or some such humorous percentage) will be blocked by the lifeboats.

Archived