Cave Tubing Beliz questions

john kaz

Has anyone done cave tubing in Beliz through Carniaval? Has any one done cave tubing and/or zip lining with an outside company in Beliz, and were they reputable? Has anyone ever been ripped off with an outside company there? thanks John

Has anyone done cave tubing in Beliz through Carniaval? Has any one done cave tubing and/or zip lining with an outside company in Beliz, and were they reputable? Has anyone ever been ripped off with an outside company there? thanks John

Yes - my family did 2 years ago. It was a blast. We went with this company and they were great.

http://belizecruiseexcursions.com/Belize_Zip_Line_Excursion.htm

I did cave tubing through Carnival a few yrs back.....there is a bit of a hike from the bus drop off point to the stream.....maybe a 1/2 mile or so, and I had to carry the inner tube......could be troublesome for someone with limited mobility or cardiac or heart problems...otherwise, it's an enjoyable float through the cave.....included a rice and beans w/ chicken lunch afterwards......

I know this may seem like a silly question but... is the water cold?

I don't have a problem with the caves being dark, or claustrophobic, or even having to jump off a cliff but I really hate cold water... :o

Another vote for X-Stream cave tubing co. Had a great time with them a couple of years ago. Got us back with time to spare, to do some shopping before taking the tender back.

They like to say the water is "refreshing". While it's not warm, it's not really that bad. Besides, not much of you is in the water, anyway.....it's mostly your touche that's getting wet. I get cold easily, and I was fine.

water was chilly for the first couple of mins but after that you really forget about it. Yeah I remember our guide JP telling us the water is "refreshing" MY A*S! LOL. I opted for the entry by jumping off the cliff (about 15 feet) into the water. I think if I did like most and just jumped on the tube and floated away I would be warmer...and dry.

I will be taking this excursion on our May 9th Legend cruise, I will post a review of it in the other post asking about this when I return (May 18). I am taking this through the cruise line, as you have asked about.

water was chilly for the first couple of mins but after that you really forget about it. Yeah I remember our guide JP telling us the water is "refreshing" MY A*S! LOL. I opted for the entry by jumping off the cliff (about 15 feet) into the water. I think if I did like most and just jumped on the tube and floated away I would be warmer...and dry.

LOL!

Good to know although I doubt I'll be able to get out of it too easily. Our 12 year old will probably push us off the cliff! I'll try to be ready for "refreshing = cold" :-)

We did this with Major Tom last year and loved it! Major Tom takes you in small groups (we had 12) and is very informative and safe! We had Mike, and Gorilla George for our guides and had the best time! water was a little cool, but as others have said, you get used to it.

Yes, we did have to hold the feet, but our group of friends/family were the only ones. When you're in the dark caves with only a little headlight, it was actually comforting to be holding on, especially as I had kids with me!

LOL yeah im not gonna be holding any strangers feet. My wife sure but some stranger...i dont think so. Lucky for you it was all your family but a lot of people travel in couples and will be stuck touching someones feet LOL. I did my tour in Belize with X-stream cave tubing through Island Marketing. AMAZING tour. I have the same tour booked with them again in October 2010

We did our cave tubing 2 weeks ago through cavetubing.com. We highly recommend them!

what was the water temp and water level like?

thanks

never mind i should have read further and i would have had an answer

Not sure of the # the water temp is at but its cold but not freezing. If its a warm day when your there then it will be nice to have the colder water when its hot and humid there. Water level varies. I have seen spots where I can stand up knee to waist high water and other spots where I couldnt touch the bottom. A spot where I jumped off a cliff I had to of submerged atleast 10' underwater and didnt touch bottom.

Archived