Dressing for the climate

We are cruising from New York to Saint John and Halifax in June. This will be our first cruise outside of the Caribbean. How do I pack to be prepared for the weather? How chilly will it be? What will be the temperature range? Is it likely to be windy or rainy?

Your advice is appreciated.

We are cruising from New York to Saint John and Halifax in June. This will be our first cruise outside of the Caribbean. How do I pack to be prepared for the weather? How chilly will it be? What will be the temperature range? Is it likely to be windy or rainy?

Your advice is appreciated.

From Saint John FAQ thread: (as for rain or windy, we are not prone to any specific wind or rain weather patterns - just your occasional less than ideal weather that Boston or New York would experience)

2.What is the weather like and what clothes should I bring?

In the summer months into September the days are pleasant around 70 degrees, however may be cooler in the morning or remain cool all day if it is foggy. If your excursion takes you inland, it will be warmer than along the coast. You should bring a light jacket onshore and pants as the fog can roll in and drop the temperature quickly. In October and November it is definitely cooler and you should bring a warm jacket.

The temperature tends to be close to that of the temperature in NYC or just a few degrees less. And with that it can change year to year like anywhere. So, I'd suggest checking the weather for each location a week before leaving to finalize the expected temperatures. The best thing to do is bring layers! T-shirts, light sweaters etc. It does cool off at night just like in NYC.

Archived