Soda card

CruisinMenika

Can someone tell me the current price of a soda card?

Tried to post the chart, but it didn't work.

The chart shows the different prices, depending on the cruise duration and ages. Simply put -- under 18, it's $4.50/day plus 15% gratuity. 18 & older, it's $6.00/day plus 15% gratuity.

Can someone tell me the current price of a soda card?

It was almost $60 on our Valor cruise which shocked the heck out of me. First day we boarded, our son lined up for one (like he has done many times before) and when he told me the price I almost gagged. Seems to me the coke cards on RCI were like $30, at least that is what I remembered. Anyway, had I know it was going to be that expensive I would have told him not to bother. He'd never drink that much in a week anyway.

I have asked this on previous posts with no luck ..can you still use the soda card for mixed fruit punch with no alcohol??

Well the soda card is for soda or juice at any bar.

So if they have fruit punch on "tap" I dont see why not.

But you prefaced it by "mixed" so to me that indicates additional prep work to make, so my guess would be no... that would not be part of the soda card.

All that being said... it doesn't hurt to ask on the ship.

I got the soda card and successfully got them to mix ginger-ale and orange juice with no additional charge...

See the all you can drink soda cards thread. There is a CCL link listed in oneof the posts. There are 2 lists of prices < 17 years and > 17 years of age.

.....if there are two different prices for "under 17" and "over 17", how much do you pay if you are 17?

:confused:

wasiii

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, so can someone tell me... This is going to be my first cruise and I am stilll confused about tipping. The soda card includes a 15% service fee: is that the tip or do I still need to tip?

Okay, so can someone tell me... This is going to be my first cruise and I am stilll confused about tipping. The soda card includes a 15% service fee: is that the tip or do I still need to tip?

Well I apologize for what is about to happen to you, but you asked for it!

you can tip if you want, or not,

That service fee is supposed to cover the 15% that would have been added to each of the sodas you drink individually if you had not purchased the card so no additional tipping is necessary. However, the real rumor you should watch for (and I only say rumor because I don't personally know and I've not seen anyone actually compare purchases yet) is that if you buy the card on embarkation day before you leave port, you'll also pay sales tax on it, versus if you wait until later after you've sailed, they won't have to add the local sales tax. I am not doubting that it happens, but I haven't seen anyone buy a soda card in port and then ALSO buy one a few hours later and post the price differences yet. Waiting on someone with disposable income that needs two cards to help us out ;):D

Archived