Passenger make up

npb

For anyone who has been on a cruise in Asia-- what is the makeup of passengers, ie, Americans, Asians, Europeans?

Generally reflects the nationality of the cruise line much more than the turnaround ports or cruising area, just as in other parts of the world, but with increased representation of Aussies/Kiwis, possibly also Japanese/tiger economies though they don't tend to cruise so much and there are several asian cruise lines such as Star Cruises, which few westerners have even heard of.

But you'll get a more accurate response if you quote any particular cruise line or itinerary which you have in mind.

John Bull

We are going on Azamara.

On the 2/6/10 cruise, it was mostly US, UK, and Australians. There was a contingent of Spaniards.

All that we talked to were well traveled, well educated, and for the most part, well mannered.

Not certain as to age, I would guess around 50ish - I'm 77 myself.

On the 2/6/10 cruise, it was mostly US, UK, and Australians. There was a contingent of Spaniards.

Apologies - forgot to mention our neighbors to the north (or north-east since we live in Hawaii), quite a few Canadians.

Archived