Amawaterways Amadolce - Type of electrical plug adaper needed?

dwkucera

We will be sailing on the Amadolce. All of our chargers and power supplies will run on 220v, but of course we will need an adapter or two. What type is needed? I have seen both the WA-9 and the WA-9c listed as correct. Thanks

Dave

We were on the Amalyra last summer and just used the standard European adoptor plugs (sold individually or in adaptor sets) for our cameras, iPods, phones, etc. Just make sure the adaptor will accept polarized plugs (where one blade is wider than the other) in case your electronics have such a plug. I also took a netbook with me which had a three-pronged plug. I had to get a grounded European adaptor plug to use with it. We had a great time on the Amalyra - enjoy your trip!

Go to your Travel Agent and purchase a set of 3 or 4 KORJO adaptors (sold as a set) and they can be used on every type of power point you will ever come across in the World. problem solved.

Wal Mart sells a complete set of adapter plugs for about $5 or $6.On the back of each plugs is a label as to which countries they are for. The river cruises use the Europeon style plugs.

is there a USB port on the computer in the rooms, if so I can use this to recharge my IPOD and phone and kindle,

any body know about this??

we are going on the may 21st cruise

Gary Epstein

is there a USB port on the computer in the rooms, if so I can use this to recharge my IPOD and phone and kindle,

any body know about this??

we are going on the may 21st cruise

Gary Epstein

No there isn't. The "computer" is basically a "dumb terminal" with limited functionality. This last trip I purchased a dedicated USB charger (dual voltage). They're available at many electronics stores (i.e. Best Buy).

Be careful and distinguish between a plug adapter and a voltage converter!! An adapter only allows you to plug your cord into the outlet. A converter converts the 220V current to 110 V current. You can use an adapter only if your electrical devise has the both ability to sense the the higher voltage and an internal converter, or if it has an external switch to make activate the internal converter. A converter converts the 220V current to 110V and has a standard US outlet. You can usually use a standard plug multipler to pull several standard US plugs into the converter!!

Archived