Bringing soda/beer onboard

love_cruises

We are going on a cruise in Dec. on the Crown and I wanted to see what everyone's opinion was on bringing soda and beer onboard when we get on the ship in Fort Lauderdale? What is the best way to bring it on? Checked bags or carry them on with us?

You are allowed to carry soda onto Princess ships, so do it anyway you like. Beer is officially prohibited, but this is rarely enforced. Just pack it inside either cheched or carryon luggage.

What about a case of water? Can you check it like luggage?

Thanks for your opinion. We have always put soda in our carry on but I was reading how people bring beer on so I wanted to get some opinions on that. Thanks for the help!

We duct tape our luggage tags onto our cases of bottled water, cases of soda. One of the people who cruised with us got a couple 12 packs of soda and opened up the cartons and put beer all in the inside and then carefully sealed up the cartons.. OMG way too much work for me and I don't like beer anyway.. LOL

We had so many folks going with us on our last cruise and everyone brought their own cases of of water and soda. The cases were stacked up by the baggage handlers and it looked like a delivery for a convienence store. LOL

We tipped these handlers very nicely.....

We came back from a superb Caribbean cruise on Sea Princess at the weekend. We were confused about what we could bring back to the ship when we were in port so asked at the gangway on our way off at one of the islands. We were told one bottle of wine, one bottle of champagne each (which was stated in the stateroom info) and 6 BOTTLES OF BEER EACH!! We tried it and brought 6 beers back to the ship in a cardboard carrier and put them through and nothing was said!! So maybe as well to ask when you get off as we did.

:)

Archived