Must make reservations for shows on OAS?

I've seen some reviews that mentioned having to make reservation for entertainment - is this true? It is not a problem for me to make reservations - I'm just wondering if this is something I need to do just after booking the trip or ASAP on aboard the ship.

Thanks!

It's best to do it before you board -- entertainment reservations open up 60-90 days in advance. We changed some of our reservations once on board, but some shows were actually "sold out." However, there was always a stand-by line (except one time), so even if you don't have reservations, they open up the venues about 10 minutes before the shows start to anyone without reservations.

Like the others here, I highly advise you to make reservations, prefertably even before boarding. If you decide you don't want to go to a show, you do not have to go because you do not pay for any shows. Besides if you don't show up, it gives someone in the waiting line to have a chance for a seat.

You can always take your chances and not make reservations, then just show up at the venue and wait in line. Just being in line is no guarantee that you will get in however. The longer the line, the less the chance the last ones in line will get a seat. This is especially true in smaller venues such as the Comedy Club.

I pre-booked Hairspray and Come Fly with me for our whole party before leaving home. I used the TV in the stateroom to book one show. It was easy to do. I then had a problem and went to the box office which is just cruise staff in the comedy club to book the ice show. The comedy show and diving show were booked up by the time we got on board, but we had no trouble using the stand by line and getting good seats. We just walked into the Drifters concert once it had started.

• 5 weeks later...
I was wondering this too. Do they leave tickets in your cabin or do you have to pick them up somewhere?

Nol tickets. As mentioned earlier you Seapass card is your ticket. They'll scan you card at the door to confirm you have a reservation. There were some glitches in the system when we sailed back in January so it's not a bad idea to take a print out of your reservations with you.....just in case.

The two shows I'd strongly recommend booking before your board are the Comedy show and the water show. Both are relatively small theaters. On our sailing, we ran into several people who couldn't get a seat by using the standby line. With the water show, the front seats are an area where you will get wet. The standby line was getting those seats during our show. It's best to have reservations before you board. They can always be changed after you board.

I was wondering this too. Do they leave tickets in your cabin or do you have to pick them up somewhere?

You will also be able to pull up your weekly schedule of reservations for both entertainment and dining on your in cabin TV. I did take my print out from home but did not need it.

Does the show times vary? What time is early dinner seating, do they conflick w/ the shows? Could someone give me an example of the times? Thanks :)

You'll be able to find times with online booking. I honestly can't recall the times but my opinion was that My Time Dining worked best for making reservations for the shows. With MTD, we could book the shows we wanted to see at the times we wanted to see them, then make dinner reservations around the show times. On Oasis this seemed to be the best way to handle dinner and entertainment schedules.

Archived