General Summit Questions

JEDIKNIGHT

Hoping some CC'ers here have been on Summit recently.

Overall, how was food,crew, waiters, etc.

If you had a suite, how was the embarkation, and butler service?

Is there stir-fry, and Indian food at the daily buffet?

How was MDR food/service?

By any chance, any opinions on Summitt...going from NJ to Kings Wharf to bermuda?

Thanks

Hello JediKnight. We sailed the Summit in December and Loved it!! We thought the food was outstanding and the service was also outstanding. Probably the friendliest crew members and waiter we have seen. Celebrity and the Summit really tries to make you feel special. We did not have a suite, but concierge class and can highly recommend it. They do have priority embarkation, which are designated lines at check in for concierge class and suites, set aside from regular boarding, so that is a nice touch. Yes they do have stir fry, but I'm not sure about indian food.

Enjoy your cruise!

Hoping some CC'ers here have been on Summit recently.

Overall, how was food,crew, waiters, etc.

If you had a suite, how was the embarkation, and butler service?

Is there stir-fry, and Indian food at the daily buffet?

How was MDR food/service?

By any chance, any opinions on Summitt...going from NJ to Kings Wharf to bermuda?

Thanks

Food in MDR was spotty. If you like fish.

Had a cabin next to the butler areas - 6143 - nice guys. Get them a bottle of Vodka.

Did not look for the stir fry.

Food in MDR was spotty - some home runs - stir fry chinese on night great - other nights not so good. Service was as always excellent.

Kings Warf is not the best spot in Bermuda to stay. Not much out there at night.

Hamilton has a lot and nice to walk around - same for St. George.

You may want to look into the water ferry into town at night - nice views in the harbor at night - but I do not remember the schedule.

Food in MDR was spotty. If you like fish.

Had a cabin next to the butler areas - 6143 - nice guys. Get them a bottle of Vodka.

Did not look for the stir fry.

Food in MDR was spotty - some home runs - stir fry chinese on night great - other nights not so good. Service was as always excellent.

Kings Warf is not the best spot in Bermuda to stay. Not much out there at night.

Hamilton has a lot and nice to walk around - same for St. George.

You may want to look into the water ferry into town at night - nice views in the harbor at night - but I do not remember the schedule.

Longboysfan:

I see you were in 6143 recently. I have that cabin on the April 10 Summit cruise. What were your impressions of the cabin and did the butler service area create any issues?

Thanks.

I know food is very subjective and people can have a different opinion. I will just say that we travel with a very large group of 11 and we all really enjoyed our food. My husband and I eat out a lot so we consider ourselves foodies and a pretty good judge of food. We had the best waiter. We liked to order "extra" entrees for the table and our waiter would anticipate this and start bringing out things he knew we liked or might like prior to even ordering. I don't eat a lot of fish so maybe it wasn't that great, but as I said, no one at our table had any complaints.

Normandie, the specialty restaurant, is a must. Very much worth the extra $$ for the meal.

Terry, my friend had 6143 and she loved this cabin. Being between the suites let her have a great room steward. We would have get togethers in her cabin because she had one of those HUGE balconies and the room steward was very helpful in bringing in snacks, ice, etc.

Longboysfan:

I see you were in 6143 recently. I have that cabin on the April 10 Summit cruise. What were your impressions of the cabin and did the butler service area create any issues?

Thanks.

Butler service was on both sides of the cabin.

No problems at all - the three there - my room steward Seby and the butlers worked together. They will also get you some extras such as the nightly snacks before dinner.

I had about 15 people in my room two times and Seby helped a lot with food, ice, glasses.

If he is still there or any of the butlers tell them you know a guy about 6 foot 5 - grey hair - hat had a star on it. I was on in January right after new years.

The butlers pantry area - which has an ice machine is around the corner from your room - a right then two quick lefts to get there about 15 feet in all.

Drop them some small candy bars, halloween size, and they will love it.

Cabin is nice - nothing special - but the veranda is a bit larger than standard - you will only get sun there part of the day and then on only half the area.

Any other questions just ask.

Thank you for the information, Kathy & Longboysfan.

Longboysfan, so you didn't notice any noise from the service hall between 6141 and 6143? I read another post that said they heard the staff making noise in there a lot? Thanks.

On March 6 San Juan sailing, food/service in MDR were both good. The beef items I tried (prime rib, entrecot/sirloin, and filet mignon) were cooked perfectly and tasted good, but a little on the chewy side. The appetizers, salads, and soups are minuscule so be sure to order all 3 and encourage others at your table to do the same -- multiple appetizers are OK too. Entree portions are about right.

Aqua Spa cafe for breakfast/lunch is a nice change of pace.

also just returned from the march 6 cruise. We had room 6144 (opposite side from 6143)- great room, enjoyed the larger balcony. No problems with noise, etc.

We thought the productions shows were terrific, esp when you consider the size of the stage - very enjoyable. We also enjoyed the food. Yes, there is Indian food almost daily on the buffet - with good spice, we really enjoyed it. (there were also a few Chinese dishes) And one night in the dining room was Tandorri chicken. The Halibut was terrific, as were most of the fish dishes. Also the chateaubriand was well cooked and tender. The best was Grandma's pork chop on the last formal night (we also asked for lobster with it).

Have a great cruise!

Archived