Keeping Balcony Doors Open

5waldos

We have only had an aft balcony before and had no trouble keeping the door open- it just stayed open. On our upcoming cruise we have a midship balcony.

Will this be more difficult? We brought a bungee cord last time, at everyone's insistence here, and never unpacked it. Suddenly I'm wondering if being on the side of the ship is what makes it different???

Have always used a bungee and it works great. As for sucking the cool air out, I find that argument silly. Sorry. If I wanted the air to be cool, I'd have the AC on and the door closed. I don't cruise warm climates to be stuck in ac. Don't know anyone who leaves the ac on with the door open.

But, do make sure you close the balcony door before opening the cabin door. Creates quite the wind tunnel most of the time.

I agree its' a waste to open it if the air vent is on but if you turn it off I don't see a big deal as long as you don't get sucked out if the hall door is open LOL

The toothbrush idea is brilliant. This will be our first balcony so not sure if we'll prop the door or not. I'm thinking probably not or the room will just get hot and stuffy.

I agree its' a waste to open it if the air is on but if you turn it off I don't see a big deal as long as you don't get sucked out if the hall door is open LOL

The toothbrush idea is brilliant. This will be our first balcony so not sure if we'll prop the door or not. I'm thinking probably not or the room will just get hot and stuffy.

the room stays comfortable, but you don't know unless you try.

My first balcony will be in Feb 2011... I will try to remember the toothbrush trick... I'm booked on the ECSTASY and Mom is in a wheelchair and will want to be in and out and won't be able to open and close it alone!!!

This is perfect!!!

We took a bungie cord but ended up using the rubber wedge that the cabin stewards use to block open the door while cleaning. It worked just fine.

This is what we do - just grab the doorstop and shove it in by the door hinge.

Don't your teeth feel all furry after a couple of days? :confused:

It was an old one I had in my bookbag, I had a fresh one for brushin'

Just how exact is "about exactly"? :p

Hahaha I paused as I typed that but I figured it was that or say 87 degrees :p

Archived