Keeping Balcony Doors Open

5waldos

It really does create a great wind tunnel affect. Hope you didn't lose anything else.

Maybe that's what happened to the $50 electric shaver in another recent thread?? The mom thought it was left behind but maybe it was really sucked right out of the room! :eek:

I love the innovative idea's you guys come up with. :P

If one where so inclined, take a measurement of a toothbrush and cut a nice piece of wood, or just bring a door jam. :p

(Explain that one to TSA)

LOOOOVVVVVEEEEE having the door open too!!!!!! Feels great! Also to hear the ocean while you are sleeping! :)

We used the door stop too! Works great! We usually cruise when it is not extremely hot! so it never makes our room hot!

You sure do get that great wind tunnel affect when you open up your hall door, My son was just talking about how hard it was to open the door!

Looking forward to that!!!! :p

Balcony rooms are the BEST!!!!!!

I turn the air in the cabin off, then enjoy the fresh air and wonderful sounds of the sea all night....

We also only have the door open when it is comfortable to turn the airconditioning off. Unfortunately, on our last cruise this past February, it was not only too cool to worry about all the heat getting sucked out, it was too cold to keep the dang door open most days.

We are getting married on our upcoming cruise on April 10th. I have cruised twice, both times inside cabin. My parents always had a balcony and I loved going up and watching the sunrise. Therefore, I thought it to be perfect to book a balcony for our honeymoon. I am so glad that I have stopped to read these post as these are great ideas. I will be prepared with an old toothbrush!! ONE MANS TRASH IS ANOTHER MANS DOORSTOP!!! LOL:D

if you like leaving your balcony door open all night; is it justifiable to become upset with your nieghbors who are out on their balcony talking and having the occasional out-burst of laughther that is keeping you from sleeping?

We have only had an aft balcony before and had no trouble keeping the door open- it just stayed open. On our upcoming cruise we have a midship balcony.

Will this be more difficult? We brought a bungee cord last time, at everyone's insistence here, and never unpacked it. Suddenly I'm wondering if being on the side of the ship is what makes it different???

How did you like the aft balconies? We have a corner aft cabin reserved on the Victory for July (#7425). It looks like a big balcony with views fore and aft, being on the corner. Also, we're not prone to seasickness.

if you like leaving your balcony door open all night; is it justifiable to become upset with your nieghbors who are out on their balcony talking and having the occasional out-burst of laughther that is keeping you from sleeping?

We like to prop our balcony door open at night. I understand that sometimes people will be out on their balcony talking when I'm trying to sleep. Sometimes I wish they'd realize that it IS late at night (or very early in the morning) and modulate their voices, but if they're too loud I'll just close the door.

What bothers me more is when my neighbors have their balcony door open and they're in their cabin talking LOUDLY (yelling to each other from the bathroom, say). They just don't think about how their voices carry when their balcony door is open.

When we open our balcony, we always try to keep our talking very quiet, and don't even have the TV on.

• 5 months later...
I turn the air in the cabin off, then enjoy the fresh air and wonderful sounds of the sea all night....

Now you've made me homesick for the ocean! :p

Guess the beach will have to do 'til next Mar. ;)

Luv's Crusin'

Just got home yesterday :( we used a toothbrush and it worked perfectly! It kept the door about exactly 90 degrees opened! Here's a pic

bahamas2027.jpg?t=1268688905

bahamas2081.jpg?t=1268689026

OMG-who did not get to brush their teeth for the entire cruise. I love it!!! We love to keep the door open and do not worry about losing cool air or the suction when you open the cabin door.

We tried a bungee one time and as I was out on the balcony my daughter opened the hall door and binggggggggggggggg went the bungee to a place I do not know! Great suction from the hall!

We use a chair now.

truly an LOL moment

what a visual

did anything else disappear?

Used bungee last wk. on the Splendor aft balcony. Had it hooked to door handle & down by the wood rail when we first boarded. I unhooked it from the door that night.

The next morning i went out to find my neighbor was using it. I told them i brought it from home. Don't know what they thought. That last guest left it there,it came w/the room Or just plain rude.:confused:

Archived