Carnivial and Jax?

I wish they would put a nicer, newer boat in Charleston. I would definitely cruise more because it is only a 3 hour drive from my house.

Not many large cruise ships come to Savannah, there is only one dock they could use, before the Talmadge Bridge. There is no turning basin without going under the bridge, and although the bridge is relatively new, I think at 185' clearance, it might not be high enough for today's ships. I saw Regent Seven Seas Navigator come in once, and I believe Maasdam was here once. They are both relatively small...EM

Savannah is the second busiest freight port on the east coast, so I don't know how much interest they have in developing cruise ship business. Although Savannah is a lovely city, airfare tends to be rather expensive in comparison to the Florida ports.

Roz

That's a problem, you can't fly directly anywhere from Savannah. You have to go through Atlanta, or Charlotte...Trying to get to FLL I was routed all the way to Detroit on some airlines...I drove to JAX instead and got a direct flight on Southwest. EM

That's how I got to JAX...on Southwest. In order to get to Savannah, I have to fly thru Charlotte, Philly, Baltimore, or some other city on US Scareways.

Roz

Archived