Just got back from the Century

proudmomma

WOW, I cannot even believe how amazing it was.. in all areas. I haven't written my review considering I got back yesterday and at work today :eek:, but will try soon. But I am definitely ready to book with them again. :D

Feel free to ask me any questions. We were on the Panaroma Deck and had a balcony. :D

:D

My husband and I sailed away on March 11. This was a 5 day, 4 night cruise sailing from Miami to Key West and then off to Cozumel. This was my second cruise and DH first. I cannot even begin to tell you how amazing this cruise was. From beginning to end. We had our express pass and it took us 10 minutes to get on, and then 10 off. Easy. Getting off was a little harder due to our luggage, just took a while. Next time, I won’t check my luggage getting off. I will just take it with me to breakfast. I would STRONGLY consider this if you have yet to go. But other than that it was PERFECT!! Gerinimo was our server in the MDR every night. We had select seating and made reservations the first night for 6p every night. We ALWAYS got a two top and a window view. More than happy with this. I don’t really prefer talking with strangers on my getaway with my DH. He was very knowledgeable, not only about the food, but about everything. Very kind. Always a smile. Then our state room attendant was amazing too. Her name was Rosa. I wish I could have brought them home with me, that’s how amazing it was. Then the martini bar was amazing. Just our style. Best value for drinks. Very strong and only $10 each. But watch out, it can add up. One night our bill there was $85.00! But well worth it. We went to the comedy show with James Stephens III, he was hilarious, but if you get offended easily, this isn’t for you. They also had a show with dancing, wasn’t our thing. Didn’t think they were good. But it doesn’t matter, you can leave whenever you want and there is plenty to do. I brought my own toilet paper and my own soap. Glad I did. I have sensitive skin, so that’s just me. Also I did get sick the last day, but that’s just because we went snorkeling on a tiny boat (not offered by Celebrity- but a local- which was $35pp plus tip) Getting back to the food, the buffet was good, not as good as the MDR. But very convenient. They had pizza late at night which was nice too. But in the MDR, the second day, they knew our name, what we liked and didn’t like and also how our steaks were cooked. UNREAL. I want to go back right now just talking about it. Then our attendant.. Rosa, was amazing, if I asked for anything, she or someone else was there in less than two minutes. Cozumel was a little bit of a let down. NOT Celebrity’s fault. Basically about three years ago, there were bad hurricanes in Cozumel, wiping out the port, so all of the cruise lines got together and had to build their own port. They are all over you to buy stuff, but what you can do, is haggle with them, then thirty minutes before your ship leaves.. go back to haggle some more, they get desperate at that point. Also, I don’t know if it’s just that time of the year (spring break), but they had a Royal Caribbean there the same day, and Oh my gosh, I couldn’t be happier to get back on the ship. There were drunk kids running all around. I’m 28, so I’m no old fart, but one chick came up to my DH and pulled his nipple and asked if he wanted a shot! Not to mention for TWO DRINKS, it was $27 plus tip (this was at Senor Frogs).. It was awful. Some people couldn’t eve walk, so that was funny. Other than that, it was ok. Again.. So glad to get back on our Celebrity. Key West was nice to stop at, very relaxing and the water couldn’t have been prettier. Shops were cheap too; we went to a bar and relaxed. Very nice. Overall, my cruise experience was a 10+. Very happy with the Celebrity Century. My DH and I are already talking about booking a cruise with Celebrity next year. Oh.. one other thing, people in reviews sometimes mention that there is a smell on the ship. No, no dear one, that isn’t the ship. That- usually, is smelly people. The people on the cruise were very classy… but sometimes people have issues. Ya know? ;)

:D

My husband and I sailed away on March 11. This was a 5 day, 4 night cruise sailing from Miami to Key West and then off to Cozumel. This was my second cruise and DH first. I cannot even begin to tell you how amazing this cruise was. From beginning to end. We had our express pass and it took us 10 minutes to get on, and then 10 off. Easy. Getting off was a little harder due to our luggage, just took a while. Next time, I won’t check my luggage getting off. I will just take it with me to breakfast. I would STRONGLY consider this if you have yet to go. But other than that it was PERFECT!! Gerinimo was our server in the MDR every night. We had select seating and made reservations the first night for 6p every night. We ALWAYS got a two top and a window view. More than happy with this. I don’t really prefer talking with strangers on my getaway with my DH. He was very knowledgeable, not only about the food, but about everything. Very kind. Always a smile. Then our state room attendant was amazing too. Her name was Rosa. I wish I could have brought them home with me, that’s how amazing it was. Then the martini bar was amazing. Just our style. Best value for drinks. Very strong and only $10 each. But watch out, it can add up. One night our bill there was $85.00! But well worth it. We went to the comedy show with James Stephens III, he was hilarious, but if you get offended easily, this isn’t for you. They also had a show with dancing, wasn’t our thing. Didn’t think they were good. But it doesn’t matter, you can leave whenever you want and there is plenty to do. I brought my own toilet paper and my own soap. Glad I did. I have sensitive skin, so that’s just me. Also I did get sick the last day, but that’s just because we went snorkeling on a tiny boat (not offered by Celebrity- but a local- which was $35pp plus tip) Getting back to the food, the buffet was good, not as good as the MDR. But very convenient. They had pizza late at night which was nice too. But in the MDR, the second day, they knew our name, what we liked and didn’t like and also how our steaks were cooked. UNREAL. I want to go back right now just talking about it. Then our attendant.. Rosa, was amazing, if I asked for anything, she or someone else was there in less than two minutes. Cozumel was a little bit of a let down. NOT Celebrity’s fault. Basically about three years ago, there were bad hurricanes in Cozumel, wiping out the port, so all of the cruise lines got together and had to build their own port. They are all over you to buy stuff, but what you can do, is haggle with them, then thirty minutes before your ship leaves.. go back to haggle some more, they get desperate at that point. Also, I don’t know if it’s just that time of the year (spring break), but they had a Royal Caribbean there the same day, and Oh my gosh, I couldn’t be happier to get back on the ship. There were drunk kids running all around. I’m 28, so I’m no old fart, but one chick came up to my DH and pulled his nipple and asked if he wanted a shot! Not to mention for TWO DRINKS, it was $27 plus tip (this was at Senor Frogs).. It was awful. Some people couldn’t eve walk, so that was funny. Other than that, it was ok. Again.. So glad to get back on our Celebrity. Key West was nice to stop at, very relaxing and the water couldn’t have been prettier. Shops were cheap too; we went to a bar and relaxed. Very nice. Overall, my cruise experience was a 10+. Very happy with the Celebrity Century. My DH and I are already talking about booking a cruise with Celebrity next year. Oh.. one other thing, people in reviews sometimes mention that there is a smell on the ship. No, no dear one, that isn’t the ship. That- usually, is smelly people. The people on the cruise were very classy… but sometimes people have issues. Ya know? ;)

Sounds like you had a great cruise.....:):):)

Bob

Thank you for posting. Sounds like you had a wonderful cruise and that the Century is still a class act. We have never sailed on Century, but we love her sister, Mercury. One of these days maybe Century will have an itinerary which will suit our needs. I would love to sail her one day.

Did you snorkel in Cozumel? What did you see? I have only been snorkeling twice: once in Jamaica and once in St. Maarten. In Jamaica we snorkeled over the coral reef and it was awesome. In St. Maarten, we snorkeled over some sunken ships - not so beautiful. I have heard that the snorkeling is wonderful in Cozumel and wonder what your experience was.

Doris

Thank you for posting. Sounds like you had a wonderful cruise and that the Century is still a class act. We have never sailed on Century, but we love her sister, Mercury. One of these days maybe Century will have an itinerary which will suit our needs. I would love to sail her one day.

Did you snorkel in Cozumel? What did you see? I have only been snorkeling twice: once in Jamaica and once in St. Maarten. In Jamaica we snorkeled over the coral reef and it was awesome. In St. Maarten, we snorkeled over some sunken ships - not so beautiful. I have heard that the snorkeling is wonderful in Cozumel and wonder what your experience was.

Doris

Ya know.. my in-laws told us how wonderful snorkling was in Cozumel too, so we tried it. I'm thinking they didn't take us to the "great" part of snorkling in Cozumel, although I still enjoyed it, it wasn't anything near as neat and beautiful as Jamaica, Belize and Hawaii. But still loads of fun.. who doesn't like swimming with fish and getting to touch them :p

So glad to hear. There have been some negative posts about Century lately that has be a bit worried. We sailed on her before the refurb and loved it. We will be on the B2B on April 3 and you did just take some of the concerns away. Glad you had a good time!

Hi Doris!! Hope you are doing well!!

Marti

So glad to hear. There have been some negative posts about Century lately that has be a bit worried. We sailed on her before the refurb and loved it. We will be on the B2B on April 3 and you did just take some of the concerns away. Glad you had a good time!

Hi Doris!! Hope you are doing well!!

Marti

Hi Marti! All is well here. Hope you and the family are doing well too! So you're sailing on Century in April? We cruised Solstice again in February and it was great.

Enjoy your Century cruise! Report back!

Doris

Proudmamma, what stateroom were you in? We will be on the Century in a few weeks. We will also have a balcony on the Panorama deck. We will be in 8182.

What was the bar/restaurant that you went to in Key West?

Glad to hear you had fun!

Cozumel has some beautiful areas - you just have to get out of the tourist area around the port.1st time there we went to Playa Uvas which was great once - snorkeling & kayaking and delcious fajita lunch. Second time we rented a car and drove to the southern point of the island to Punta Sur....beautiful area, lovely uncrowded beaches. Ate lunch at Coconuts...great shrimp fajitas & ceviche and awesome views. Don't judge Cozumel by the area near the ship...it's not the real island. There was a Carnival ship in port with us in November and saw a number of "ugly Americans"...in port!!

PS So glad you enjoyed Century. Was Franklin from Chicago still performing onboard?

We were at Cozumel about a year ago recently (and sometime way back). The new pier isn't that bad but you do have to walk through/climb up to get to taxi's.

Last year we went to Chankanaab. Good snorkeling but you had to watch out getting in/out of the water. Stairs/rails were pretty bad in some locations. You could get in but getting out required going to other places sometimes. The whole area is only about 1/4 mile or so - no big deal.

They also have the Dolphin thing if you are into that plus some nature trails with statue reproductions - good if you get tired of the sun, its pretty shady in there.

If you by in advance you can get discounts. Website is at:

http://cozumelparks.com/

Proudmamma, what stateroom were you in? We will be on the Century in a few weeks. We will also have a balcony on the Panorama deck. We will be in 8182.

What was the bar/restaurant that you went to in Key West?

Glad to hear you had fun!

Hey there! We were in 8187!! The location was perfect, right above the MDR and near the elevators. Never heard a peep outside. It was PERFECT! You are going to enjoy it! And if you have Rosa as your attendant, tell her the Rogers' said hi! We LOVED her! :D

Oh and it was The Hogs Breath Saloon in Key West, nothin special, but relaxing bar outside :)

Hi there. We went to Hogs Breath two years ago and are doing this cruise next month. Glad you had a great time!

You were on the port side, correct?

Ok, when you docked in Key West were you facing Mallory Square or not (when we were last there the Starboard side faced in towards town.

What about in Cozumel?

Thanks.

Archived