Mid May,Mid June or Mid July for British Isles and Ireland cruise

stipmom

Which should I choose weather wise? I know weather is unpredictable but in general which time of the year will get me the least rain and warmest temps?

Steve's pretty-well summed it up. UK weather is pretty unreliable, late June/July theoretically is best, but more than a few times I've seen a glorious May followed by a poor summer so there's no guarantees.

And a grey start can turn into a glorious day. Or vice-versa.

But given the choice, avoid the second half of July + August because kids holidays will make places more crowded.

You've avoided our winter, when the weather is cold, grey & wet. :)

But not always. :D

John Bull

The July one is July 16. Is that is the school holiday time then? Last year we were on the Grand Princess May 23-30 and that was the school holiday too.

The school holidays are spread out- England different from Scotland, the Scottish schools also varying from place to place.

For the last 3 years the best weather in Ireland has been in the months of May and June. If I was booking a cruise around Ireland then it would fall within these dates. May 20th to June 30th.

June has the longest days in Ireland and Great Britain. It can stay bright up to 10.30 or 11.00 pm.

In the last few years there has been more rain than usual in late July and august.

Hope this helps.

Archived