Carlton Hotel South Beach?

freefallen

Though I am super excited because my first cruise ever is in less then a week (!!!), I'm not sure about our pre-cruise hotel. My friend negotiated it on Priceline, and its a 2.5* hotel. Does anyone have any info on this place or the area? Including places for dinner or fun, and transportation to the port in the morning? :D Thanks a bunch.

South Beach - Central

1433 Collins Avenue

Miami Beach, Florida 33139

Though I am super excited because my first cruise ever is in less then a week (!!!), I'm not sure about our pre-cruise hotel. My friend negotiated it on Priceline, and its a 2.5* hotel. Does anyone have any info on this place or the area? Including places for dinner or fun, and transportation to the port in the morning? :D Thanks a bunch.

South Beach - Central

1433 Collins Avenue

I don't know anything about this hotel itself, but it is close to Lincoln Road mall which is a pedestrian mall with lots of restaurants & shopping. Go there in the evening to walk around and have dinner. You will most likely just get a cab to go to the port. Have fun!

South Beach - Central

1433 Collins Avenue

Make sure you check out your room before you accept it.

You'll have a great time in South Beach. The hotel is very close to Mansion. Nightlife doesn't begin until about 1AM. Go to the Clevelander for a fun happy hour.

Thanks!

Even if we did a Priceline negotiation, we can check the room before accepting it?

And if we take a cab, any idea how long it'll take and how much?

Yes. Granted they are not under any liability to give you the best room in the hotel but you can refuse a nasty room.

FWIW, South Beach hotel rooms are teeny tiny. I've seen some as small as 10X13 in LUXURY hotels. No lie.

Hi Marie, Carleton is an art Deco hotel right in middle of the action in SoBe. Block to beach. Starbucks at 15th/ocean,near you. Lincoln Rd. Mall starts at 17th/Collins; lots of shops. Ocean Drive is the place to stroll at nite. Cab 15min. to ship, around $20. Millions of cabs, think New York .Enjoy!

Nexxt - sit outside and people watch. HUGE portions, great drinks. Also in the Artsy district (can't remember the street name), I think the bar/restaurant name was Mojitos - had the best mojitos I have ever had and good happy hour. Sit outside in the art nouveau chairs. South Beach is a trip -one of my favorite cities of all time!! I have no idea what the night (club) life is like - I only saw the remnants at 6 AM when going for coffee!

Excellent thanks! I love people watching.

BlueHerons--so how exactly would it work? Would we check in then go up and make sure our room is okay? I've never refused a room before. (Sigh, I don't have high hopes for this hotel whatsoever.)

Please let me know how this hotel is? I might be interested in booking a a room, not sure where to stay in miami?

I actually enjoyed the place. We only stayed for one night but the location was FANTASTIC (one block away from the beach and delicious food and fun). The rooms were clean and while not five-star, was do-able for a night. The taxi to Port of Miami was under 20 if I remember correctly.

Archived