Atlantica 3/13/05-3/20 Western Car. ???

Kindralynn

Hello

I am looking at this date for our cruise but am waiting for my tax refund to come back next week to book. Only I don't know where I am cruising Atlantica or Mediterranea cause what we are looking at is what they are calling a Mystery cruise.

You book the date but you won't know what ship your sailing until you receive your documents and room #. I guess, from what I understand both ships will be in port that day, some people will go west on one and the others will go east on the other. Since we have never cruised Costa before and have been in all the ports, it didn't matter what ship to us and plus we thought it to be kind of fun.

I guess only problem is that we don't know what ship right now? Oh well, as long as the ship goes somewhere who cares right?

So as of right now there is a 50% chance we are cruising with you. That would be my boyfriend on his first cruise and myself taking my 15th cruise. We are in our mid-30's.:p

I'm sure you will have a good time, regardless of the destination.

Just be sure that the taxi drops you off at the right pier.

We were meeting friends who were in a party of four. Since one cab could not accomodate all the luggage, they had to split up and take two taxis from the airport. Although my friend clearly explained to the driver of the second cab ( who was busy yakking on his cellphone) that he was to drop the party ( his parents ) off at the Atlantica, they were left at the other ship (Mediterranea) instead. He managed to locate his parents after they failed to show up. However, it took a whole lot of haggling (and a threat to call the police) before they could recover the luggage, which had been taken on board the Mediterranea....

Have a great cruise...

Hi

a 'virgin' poster here, be gentle with me! Yes, we are on the Costa Atlantica, 13th-20th Mar. Ma and I, European ( 100% Irish with a Spanish mix). I'm hoping Costa is a bit like P&O which suited Ma and I for a few years. She loves dressing up, thinks of herself as a Joan Collins type, I leave hubby behind, working, to keep the money rolling in, and enjoy a yearly cruise with mother. My son and his wife honeymooned with Costa last summer in the Med, thoroughly enjoyed themselves, even managed ( they were honeymooning!!!) to take photos of ruins in Egypt, Turkey and Greece.

Would love to meet up with fellow CruiseCritic cruisers, we haven't been on a cruise with Americans, maybe we can help each other to understand the complexities of the different cultures.

I think we have booked cabin 6211, if not, its somewhere near there. Doesn't seem to be enough of us to make a party, make yourselves known and I'll give you my email, might be able to hold a party in an elevator!!!

I'm based in Spain, willing to help and advise on cruising from Barcelona, Valencia, Alicante.

Hasta cuando, Mel(female)

• 3 weeks later...
Hello

I am looking at this date for our cruise but am waiting for my tax refund to come back next week to book. Only I don't know where I am cruising Atlantica or Mediterranea cause what we are looking at is what they are calling a Mystery cruise.

You book the date but you won't know what ship your sailing until you receive your documents and room #. I guess, from what I understand both ships will be in port that day, some people will go west on one and the others will go east on the other. Since we have never cruised Costa before and have been in all the ports, it didn't matter what ship to us and plus we thought it to be kind of fun.

I guess only problem is that we don't know what ship right now? Oh well, as long as the ship goes somewhere who cares right?

So as of right now there is a 50% chance we are cruising with you. That would be my boyfriend on his first cruise and myself taking my 15th cruise. We are in our mid-30's.:p

DH and I also booked this special - can't wait to find out where we are going! This will be our first cruise with Costa.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived