Will a PVP match to get your booking?

gill_boo

That seems silly to me, to lose a booking over something they could easily give.

I would suspect that it is a simple choice between the TA's comission or Carnival giving away the OBC. I believe the TA is giving up some comission anyway to give you the OBC. From Carnival's viewpoint they get the booking either way.

I would suspect that it is a simple choice between the TA's comission or Carnival giving away the OBC. I believe the TA is giving up some comission anyway to give you the OBC. From Carnival's viewpoint they get the booking either way.

That's Carnival's Policy.

As stated above, they are getting the same amount for the cruise, the TA is just losing some Commission if you book thru them.

ken

exactly...Carnival still wins out in the end...( you are going to spend money wile on cruise )...:rolleyes:

Now days we have found that the cruise cost is virtually the same whether a TA or Carnival direct or Carnival PVP. Our TA offers us a minimum of $50 per cabin for a booking increasing to $100 depending on the Catagory. This a function of percentage of cruise cost. What we fail to remember is that the TA is privy to Carnival discounts generated on filling TA blocking aka groups. You as a customer may never know whether you are a part of a block. TA are also offered special incentives on special cruises such as prepaid grats. or tours etc. As far as I can determine these are not offered by Carnival direct.

Beware. Even though they advertise a cheaper rate (or same rate), make sure the "final" price is what you are comparing. Carnival includes port fees in the rates they quote and most TA's break them down as part of the extra fees, taxes, etc. In addition, TA's usually are not booking you under the ES rate. They are booking you under their "special" rate. Therefore, if Carnival's rate goes down later, Carnival will not lower your rate or give you OBC for the difference. In my case the TA tells you "tough luck" also....:(

Why would the cruiseline want to give OBC if they do not have to. The TA is funding the OBC out of their commission.

Does anyone know if the TA's commission and a PVP's (or anyone else at Carnival) commission for booking a cruise are the same?

That seems silly to me, to lose a booking over something they could easily give.

The TA takes it out of their commission, why would Carnival match a TA underhandedly paying you part of their commission.

I guess from the other thread on this subject, you found out the rate wasnt really cheaper, the ADVERTISED rate anyway.

If you want the OBC book with the TA, but first find out if they have a change fee, or its going to cost you to do any price drops.

Interesting but ultimately get faster responses by dealing direct with carnival pvp.

I have NEVER needed a fast response from a cruiseline or a TA. And nearly ALWAYS beat the cruiseline price using a TA.

PVPs arent paid commission, they get credit for so many bookings, but dont work on commission.

Oh, last year when I called the 888 number to book, the person told me they did get a commission. While like most things those folks tell us...:D

That's Carnival's Policy.

As stated above, they are getting the same amount for the cruise, the TA is just losing some Commission if you book thru them.

ken

They don't really get the same amount for the cruise - do they? They don't have to pay the commission if it is booked directly by Carnival?

So if PVP's don't get a commission I don't understand why Carnival (unless it would just be difficult to execute) wouldn't match an offer of OBC.

As long as the OBC amount was less than the commission Carnival didn't have to pay out, then Carnival would have more income than not accepting the booking.

Didn't ANYONE think that there is contractual language in Carnival's agreement with TA's that 1. TA's are not allowed to ADVERTISE a price lower than Carnival's advertised price, and 2. Carnival is not allowed to SELL below their own advertised price.

It is a multi-BILLION Dollar business, does anyone think it is conducted by rules scribbled on a coffee stained napkin from the corner diner?

Didn't ANYONE think that there is contractual language in Carnival's agreement with TA's that 1. TA's are not allowed to ADVERTISE a price lower than Carnival's advertised price, and 2. Carnival is not allowed to SELL below their own advertised price.

It is a multi-BILLION Dollar business, does anyone think it is conducted by rules scribbled on a coffee stained napkin from the corner diner?

Hey, with what the banks did who the heck knows! :eek:

Besides, if we all knew everything there would be no reason for CC. :D

Hey, with what the banks did who the heck knows! :eek:

Besides, if we all knew everything there would be no reason for CC. :D

The banks only did what the politicians told them they could steal.:mad::p

We have sailed Carnival three times and LOVED every cruise. We just did a 7 day cruise in Jan and decided to do a 5 day cruise with our son in Aug. We never used a PVP...Normally just booked through Carnival.com. Anyway as luck would have it as we were looking into an Aug cruise we get a call from a Carnival PVP....The rate he gave us was only $10.00 cheaper than through the web site, but we went with him anyway figuring be good to get a PVP as we plan on sailing at least once a year.

Here is the problem....the price he quoted us and the price in the e-mail conformation were FINE....However about a week later we got ANOTHER confirmation e-mail with a HIGHER price. (and no it was not the fuel increase)

I called him and he told me he would look into why I got TWO e-mail confirmations and two different prices. That was over 3 weeks ago. I have called and left messages and e-mail him with NO reply. Is this normal for a PVP? Should I contact Carnival and ask for another PVP?

As new cruisers we want to establish a relationship with a PVP because we do plan to cruise often. Any suggestions on what we should do?

We have sailed Carnival three times and LOVED every cruise. We just did a 7 day cruise in Jan and decided to do a 5 day cruise with our son in Aug. We never used a PVP...Normally just booked through Carnival.com. Anyway as luck would have it as we were looking into an Aug cruise we get a call from a Carnival PVP....The rate he gave us was only $10.00 cheaper than through the web site, but we went with him anyway figuring be good to get a PVP as we plan on sailing at least once a year.

Here is the problem....the price he quoted us and the price in the e-mail conformation were FINE....However about a week later we got ANOTHER confirmation e-mail with a HIGHER price. (and no it was not the fuel increase)

I called him and he told me he would look into why I got TWO e-mail confirmations and two different prices. That was over 3 weeks ago. I have called and left messages and e-mail him with NO reply. Is this normal for a PVP? Should I contact Carnival and ask for another PVP?

As new cruisers we want to establish a relationship with a PVP because we do plan to cruise often. Any suggestions on what we should do?

You let this go for 3 weeks... why didnt you ask for a supervisor. I would have way before 3 weeks went by.

I dont understand why you let it go so long and its still unresolved.

Well he told us he was "looking into it".....AND I figured I have an e-mail confirmation with the first quote he gave us. If they tell me I have to pay the higher price I will just cancel the booking. Although I can't see how they can tell me I have to pay a HIGHER price than the e-mail confirmation I got.

I get a fast response from my TA and save money! ;)

"FAST" is a relative term. I get a fast enough response from my TA and save money as well. 99.99% of the time that is by email in a day or so. But I know what I'm doing WHEN I book so no emergency situations arise. Only one time I needed info. A hurricane was hitting Miami on embarkation day and we were heading for the west coast to avoid it. My TA was in touch on my cell throughout. And I'll rely on a business owner long before I'll rely on a clerk in a boiler room.

Archived