TEVAs with some padding??

VaCruzers

I have had a pair of Teva sandals for several years & I do enjoy them but for one thing...the triangular plastic piece near my little toe always rubs resulting in a blister. I've tried "preventive" measures such as using moleskin or a bandaid, but they usually roll up or rub off. Does anyone have any suggestions for how to make these more comfortable? Alternatively, can anyone tell me the name of a Teva style which has some padding under this triangular area? I saw someone this past summer with a style like this, but she couldn't recall the name of the style. When I research on the web, the photos I've found don't really clearly show this area well enough for me to tell whether it's padded or not. Many thanks!!

I don't know about padded Tevas, but I have a pair that has NO TOE PIECE at all, which might be better than what you're requesting. Mine have a strap across all five toes, then an ankle strap (all straps are velcroed for adjustability). Something between my toes kind of bothers me, so I really like this pair.

Maybe I wasn't clearly describing mine...they have no "toe piece" which goes between the toes. They have a strap which goes across all five toes, then near my little toes there is a triangular piece of plastic where the toe strap connects with another strap which goes along the side of the foot toward the ankle. Below is an example of what mine look like. I am looking for a style which has padding underneath the straps, or at least the triangular plastic piece.

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/1932999/c/29539.html

Thanks for any help!!

My husband has a terrible time finding sandals that are comfortable. He had the same problem as you....the strap on top of the toes. He brought his sandals to a shoe repair shop (yes, they do still exist), and had him sew a soft piece of leather on the underside of the strap. If you don't find a more comfortable sandal, this may be an option for you.

I sometimes have this same problem with sandals. I've used a silicone gel pad that I've cut and stuck to the strap on the sandal. It stays in place pretty good but it does sometimes come off. But they are reusable and I just wash them, let it dry and stick on again. It provides comfortable padding for that area. I buy them from Footsmart online. It works for me.

Qudo's for Teva's!!! I have the exact same pair as Sheila. In fact, it's the second pair I've purchased. The first pair I bought in 01 before our first cruise and I wore the heck out of those sandals. I wore them in the water, to work, to play, didn't matter - they were on my feet from May to October! It got to the point last summer where they were really looking ratty so I bought the same pair and intend on getting another 3-4 years out of them! I have people tell me I'm nuts for spending so much on sandals, but when it's the only pair I have and they last me 3-4 years, then I believe it's quite the bargain!

But, getting back to the OP's problem. I had the same problem w/my first pair when we were on our cruise. A friend who had a pair just like the OP's suggested I was wearing the sandals too tight. Well, by golly, she was right! She suggested I wear them as loose as possible w/o them falling off my feet and that's just what I did and continue to do. Never had another problem w/blisters or anything and the continue to be the most comfortable pair of shoes I've ever owned.

Cathy

Archived