Carnival Meet & Greet

We did one on the Freedom last month thru our roll call.

It was held in the piano bar and they had no way of knowing if anyone there had paid or not.

The lady who organized the cocktail party knew who had paid but if someone snuck in not sure what would have happened.

They did give us as much as we wanted to drink and the group had some rather heavy drinkers.

Was kind of hard to walk back to my cabin afterwards I must admit.

You will not get special glasses but you can pretty much order whatever you want.

I will usually get pinada colladas or miami vices

Thank you. Pina Colada for me. I'm sold. I don't care about the special glasses! Just the info I was looking for Golfadj.

We have a group booking and were not offered a group party. If so I would have chosen that. We are trying to get the group together to have an Open Bar but it is kind of tough going. We have our "On your own Greet and Meet" planned. We were quoted the same prices as posted earlier in this post.

I wonder why they do not want to have the parties? Are they not being pro Cruise Critic right now!

We have a group booking and were not offered a group party. If so I would have chosen that. We are trying to get the group together to have an Open Bar but it is kind of tough going. We have our "On your own Greet and Meet" planned. We were quoted the same prices as posted earlier in this post.

I wonder why they do not want to have the parties? Are they not being pro Cruise Critic right now!

Depending on how many amenity points you received for your group booking you could have used one of them for a group cocktail party. Each point is worth $25 per cabin. Most people take it as an OBC.

Dave

We had a Cocktail Party on the Triumph on the March 13 sailing.

Yes, you contact the Wedding Dept, but they will hand you over to Bon Voyage, where a Ship Planner will take your info.

We had 46 adults and 11 children at our and it was wonderful (BTW, thanks Dave for your infor.)

We had special Name Tags that were colored for the paid adults and the Children, so the servers knew who to serve.

As a bonus, we also had a "Gift Exchange." Over 20 in our party all brought gifts and we drew numbers. The gifts were supposed to show where we were from. It was a lot of fun.

I did not have to provide names or booking numbers for the guests, only for me. I added five after we boarded the ship and had no problem.

I worked with Leila in the Bon Yoyage dept, and she was wonderful.

And, for $11.44 each, I think everyone got their moneys worth, but we really needed more than two servers.

We have a group of over 40 adults cruising together and would like to do a meet and greet (even though we know each other).

We booked our cruise with a travel agent, can we deal directly with Carnival to arrange this or will our travel agent need to take care of this?

We did our own meet and greet. I made Name tags of everyone's "handle". We met in the sport bar on the first evening, had about 25, then at "tea" on our day at sea, had about 30(we all brought teddy bears to identify each other,) and then about 10 of us met on our last day at sea for tea again, with out the bears. We "older" ones had a great time. We didn't know each other before the cruise but felt like we were all real friends when we left. Booze may break the ice, but it doesn't create real conversation(after a while):).

Archived