Carnival Meet & Greet

Yes you must prepay in advance. The latest you can add anyone is one week before the sailing. If you have any additional folks to add after that, the Group's Coordinator onboard can charge your S&S account.

Dave

How much does it cost and when is it?

The 1 or 2 hour cocktail parties are for private groups of more than 20 people. Some roll calls here will organize one for their group if there are enough people interested.

They are also usually one of the perks of the CC group cruises.

The one hour is around $20 pp and if you want to arrange one, you contact Carnival's Wedding Department.

Also know that it is not required to have a Meet and Greet.

We have always just told the Roll Call group....meet "here" at "this time"....

you don't need anything official with prepaid drinks etc.....

The 1 or 2 hours cocktail parties are for groups of more than 20 people. Mostly arranged by private groups. Some roll calls here will organize one for their group if there are enough people interested.

Not a perk with our group but we're having one for the roll call!;):D

The 1 or 2 hours cocktail parties are for private groups of more than 20 people. Some roll calls here will organize one for their group if there are enough people interested.

Not a perk for any of the 3 groups I have been a part of either. But I was thinking of seeing what some folks might want to do it as an Add On to our Liberty Cruise in Jan. Well see...

The 1 or 2 hour cocktail parties are for private groups of more than 20 people. Some roll calls here will organize one for their group if there are enough people interested.

The one hour is around $20 pp and if you want to arrange one, you contact Carnival's Wedding Department.

The charge is $11.44/pp for the one hour cocktail party with a minimum of 20 folks...

:)

Contact the wedding dept? that has to be wrong.

Our roll call did one on the Freedom last month and we sure got our money's worth.

.....but the Weddings Department are the correct people to ask. I've set up 2 cocktail hours for previous cruises @ $11.44 per person with dry snacks.

:D

wasiii

Good afternoon,

Please see attached if you have any questions please let us know.

Have a great day!

Sincerely,

Natalie XXXXXX

Wedding Sales Agent for the

Carnival Legend, Valor, Sensation and Holiday

Phone: 1-800-933-4968

Fax: 1-800-638-1646

From attached file:

Phone: 1.800.933.4968 Fax: 1.800.638.1646

The Weddings Department is open Monday thru Friday from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm Eastern Standard Time.

In order for the individual bookings to have a meeting, they must purchase a cocktail party for a minimum of twenty guests (or more); the minimum purchase for a party must be at least one hour of Open-Bar for the amount of time requesting the lounge.

ALL INDIVIDUAL COCKTAIL PARTIES MUST BE DONE DURING ONE FULL DAY

AT SEA (BASED ON AVAILABILTY) LOUNGES ARE ONLY BLOCKED FOR THE LENGTH OF THE COCKTAIL PARTY PURCHASED.

**Please note: This party information is applicable to individual reservation bookings only, and can be arranged with a minimum of 20 guests. ALL PRICES ARE BASED PER PERSON AND INCLUDES THE SERVICE CHARGE. CHILDREN’S RATES ARE NOT AVAILABLE FOR COCKTAIL PARTIES. HORS D. OEUVRES ARE CHEF’S SELECTION AND ARE SERVED BUFFET STYLE. PRICES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE. A MINIMUM OF 30 DAYS NOTICE IS REQUIRED**

In order to request a Cocktail Party a written request must be faxed to 1-800-638-1646.

Once we can confirm that a lounge is available, we will contact the group leader to confirm.

· Booking Number

· Ship

· Sailing Date

· Number of Guests

· Type of Cocktail Party

· Form of Payment

· Requested Date & Time

· Also include the name of the lead contact for the group and a phone number

(Confirmation will be given within 2-3 weeks of the sailing.)

1 Hour Open Bar with Hot & Cold Hors D’oeuvres………………$20.70

2 Hour Open Bar with Hot & Cold Hors D’ oeuvres………………$36.80

Cold Canapés: Hot Canapés:

Grilled Zucchini Roll Bacon Wrapped

and Anchovy Roll Sweet Plantains

Titi Shrimp Salad on Broccoli and Cheese Nuggets

Scallop Cracker

Assorted Vegetarian Quiches

Ham and Heart of Palm,

Vinaigrette Spicy Chicken Drummettes

Spanish Caviar with Beef Franks in Blanket

Lemon wedge

Mexican Mini Tamales

Chicken Apple Salad

on Crackers Chicken Balls on Fire

Roast Beef Roll with Batter-Fried Shrimp

Brie Cheese

Spring Roll Samosa

Turkey Mousse with

Cranberries Crisp Mini Burritos

Assorted Sushi with Quiche Florentine

Condiments

Chicken Galantine on

Baguette

Truffled Pâté on Profiteroles

(Please select four Hot & Cold Canapés)

1 Hour Open Bar with Deluxe Hot & Cold Hors D’ oeuvres………$25.24

2 Hour Open Bar with Deluxe Hot & Cold Hors D’ oeuvres………$40.25

(Please Select Four Cold and Four Hot Canapés)

Hot Canapés:

Sesame Chicken Tenderloin in Peanut Sauce

Bacon Wrapped Sea Scallop and Pea Pod

Polenta with Blackened Pork Tenderloin

Coconut Fried Shrimps on Lemon Grass

Grilled Rabbit Tenderloin â la Crème

Warm Mango and French Brie Toast

Cured Salmon on Potato Cake

Baby Filet Mignon Wellington

Escargots in Puff Pastry

Assorted Seafood Quiche

Cold Canapés:

Roast Beef Roll with Green Asparagus Spears

Smoked Norwegian Salmon Rose with Caviar

Jumbo Shrimp Butterfly with Cocktail Sauce

Marinated Snow Crab Claws on Half Shell

Truffled Liver Pâté on Waldorf Salad

Marinated Green Turner Mussels

Stuffed Quail Egg with Caviar

Artichoke Heart, Vinaigrette

Camembert with Pecan Half

Prosciutto on Melon Boat

California Sushi Roll

Assorted Sushi

1 Hour Open Bar with Hot & Cold Hors D’ oeuvres & Shrimp…………….…$24.15

2 Hour Open Bar with Hot & Cold Hors D’ oeuvres & Shrimp……………….$43.70

Cold Canapés: Hot Canapés:

Grilled Zucchini Roll Bacon Wrapped

and Anchovy Roll Sweet Plantains

Titi Shrimp Salad on Broccoli and Cheese Nuggets

Scallop Cracker

Assorted Vegetarian Quiches

Ham and Heart of Palm,

Vinaigrette Spicy Chicken Drummettes

Spanish Caviar with Beef Franks in Blanket

Lemon wedge

Mexican Mini Tamales

Chicken Apple Salad

on Crackers Chicken Balls on Fire

Roast Beef Roll with Batter-Fried Shrimp

Brie Cheese

Spring Roll Samosa

Turkey Mousse with

Cranberries Crisp Mini Burritos

Assorted Sushi with Quiche Florentine

Condiments

SHRIMP

Chicken Galantine on

Baguette

Truffled Pâté on Profiteroles

SHRIMP

(Please select four Hot & Cold Canapés)

1 Hour Open Bar with Dry Snacks…………………………………$11.44

2 Hour Open Bar with Dry Snacks………………………………..$19.55

Sheet Cake (Minimum of 20 Slices)……………………………$2.88 per slice

Server for Cake………………………………………………$11.50 per hour

(Please inquire about entertainment for your function)

Where do you sign up for a roll call party at if your cruise is offering one?

.....20 person minimum. You have to collect all the money from everyone first, then call the Wedding Department and set a time and date on your ship. At this time they will charge a credit card to book the room for you.

wasiii

Where do you sign up for a roll call party at if your cruise is offering one?

The cruise doesn't set it up. It is up to your group to set it up. On all of the roll calls that I have been on, there is always someone who takes the 'leader' position. That person usually will set up an open bar & then arrangements are made to pay him/her back.

The M&G's that I have done are just at a specific time & place. Usually at an outside aft bar or table area. I think this is easier for all involved, then you don't have to worry about paying someone money.

The cruise doesn't set it up. It is up to your group to set it up. On all of the roll calls that I have been on, there is always someone who takes the 'leader' position. That person usually will set up an open bar & then arrangements are made to pay him/her back.

The M&G's that I have done are just at a specific time & place. Usually at an outside aft bar or table area. I think this is easier for all involved, then you don't have to worry about paying someone money.

Unless this is group where you know everyone you would send payment to the leader and when they have collected al lof the money would make arrangements with Carnival

Otherwise you run the risk of not getting paid.

Wow the wedding dept handles this. Who would have thought.

I coordinated one of these in December and it was so much fun. Most of us had been communicating on our RC for >1 yr. It was in a lounge, only open to our group.

Everybody mailed me either cash or checks and CCL charged my credit card about 3 weeks prior. I was lucky because my sister has a POB, so I didn't need to list my personal info, i.e., street address

I'd recommend it to any RC group of 20 or more.

Unless this is group where you know everyone you would send payment to the leader and when they have collected all of the money would make arrangements with Carnival

Otherwise you run the risk of not getting paid.

I agree. That is why I am a follower and not a leader. I would be afraid of getting stiffed by people I have never met even if we have been on a roll call for a long time.

I coordinated one of these in December and it was so much fun. Most of us had been communicating on our RC for >1 yr. It was in a lounge, only open to our group.

Everybody mailed me either cash or checks and CCL charged my credit card about 3 weeks prior. I was lucky because my sister has a POB, so I didn't need to list my personal info, i.e., street address. Smart to do so.

I'd recommend it to any RC group of 20 or more.

I have done about 6 cocktail parties on my sailings. I usually pay for it upfront and collect when I get on the ship. So far I have been lucky and the last sailing was the only time I had two not show up to pay but it worked out as I had four that wanted to join.

You can also pay $5.75 for those under 21 that wish to join. They will receive virgin drinks. Those over 21 has to pay the full $11.44. Both of these prices include the gratuities but we usually collect $1 or 2 extra to give to the waiters.

Another thing I do is use wristbands (Ebay) in case we have folks that want to join in and be on a pay as you go method or just want to socialize. I let the bar waiters know that anyone without a wristband has to pay.

I also leave a letter at the Guest Services desk inviting the Cruise Director to attend. Most of the time they will stop by for a few minutes.

Dave

I am coordinating our meet and greet for our Miracle sailing later this month. When I called and set it up with Carnival, they said they have another option. They reserved a room for us for one hour and we are having our drinks charged to our sign and sail cards. That way if you want to drink you can; I did not have to worry about collecting money; and I have have given Carnival a head count so they know how many servers we need.

We have about 85-90 folks who say they are coming. We will see. I know it is going to be fun.

We seem to just miss each other! Not sure if you remember me - but, I was on your roll call for the Ecstasy Sept 2008...the "Gustav" cruise. We never met up because of the confusion over the shortened cruise.

Anyway - I just noticed that you'll be leaving on the Elation the day that I get off the ship! I'll have to keep an eye out for you!

Ashley :)

I am coordinating our meet and greet for our Miracle sailing later this month. When I called and set it up with Carnival, they said they have another option. They reserved a room for us for one hour and we are having our drinks charged to our sign and sail cards. That way if you want to drink you can; I did not have to worry about collecting money; and I have have given Carnival a head count so they know how many servers we need.

We have about 85-90 folks who say they are coming. We will see. I know it is going to be fun.

When I called to set our M&G up w/ CCL I was given the 11.44 pp cost and all the logistics of how to get it paid for. You need at least 20 and must have everyones booking #. I had called to months prior to sail date. When I called to finally book the event, three weeks prior to sailing, they told me they no longer wanted to set these events up for people who are participating on Cruise Critic or other cruise blog thingys. Their fear was that the events would be 'crashed' by the participants of Cruise Critic and there would be no way to control who belonged and who didn't.

They finally gave in and booked it for us because they had already quoted a price to me, but I had to tell them that I would stand at the door and check people off who were on my list that had paid.

I just thought that it was kinda funny that CCL is afraid of the relentless hoards of CC members!

I think that Dave(jetskier) has a pretty good idea with the wrist bands.

I don't know if this is going to be policy or what. Got any Info Mach?

When I called to set our M&G up w/ CCL I was given the 11.44 pp cost and all the logistics of how to get it paid for. You need at least 20 and must have everyones booking #. I had called to months prior to sail date. When I called to finally book the event, three weeks prior to sailing, they told me they no longer wanted to set these events up for people who are participating on Cruise Critic or other cruise blog thingys. Their fear was that the events would be 'crashed' by the participants of Cruise Critic and there would be no way to control who belonged and who didn't.

They finally gave in and booked it for us because they had already quoted a price to me, but I had to tell them that I would stand at the door and check people off who were on my list that had paid.

I just thought that it was kinda funny that CCL is afraid of the relentless hoards of CC members!

When I called they told me this was something they had just started. They said they were concerned about not being able to keep track of folks who had paid and I also said the thing about getting wrist bands. They also said they were concerned that they might not have enough staff scheduled to work. Since our sailing was so close (within 30 days when I contacted them) and I did not have to worry about collecting money since our group is so big, I did not press it with them.

This is the first I have heard of this. I also have not had to have everyones booking number. They just needed mine so they would have a point of contact.

I think that is pretty funny about the crashing part. If you have a group booking that gets a cocktail party, they have no controls on who attends and who doesnt. It is one of the reasons I went with the wristbands so that it can be controlled.

Dave

That's always the way it went when I participated in a meet'n'greet.

How many drinks do some of you "slam" down in an hour or so where its a financial benefit to prepay $20 for unlimited drinks for an hour or so ? ? ? ? :eek:

Reminds me of me some thirty years ago. Thank God those days are behind me. :D

That's always the way it went when I participated in a meet'n'greet.

How many drinks do some of you "slam" down in an hour or so where its a financial benefit to prepay $20 for unlimited drinks for an hour or so ? ? ? ? :eek:

Reminds me of me some thirty years ago. Thank God those days are behind me. :D

The ones that I have setup, most people drank 4-6 drinks. The prepay is $11.44 so drinking two you break even.

Dave

Archived