Where to stay in San Juan?

MDG

I'm booked for 4/10 on Golden and have flights that arrive at 5:00pm. I am getting a little nervous that if there is a problem we may not make it. So, I am considering changing our flights to arrive the day before.

Any recommendations on where to stay is greatly appreciated.

MDG

I'm booked for 4/10 on Golden and have flights that arrive at 5:00pm. I am getting a little nervous that if there is a problem we may not make it. So, I am considering changing our flights to arrive the day before.

Any recommendations on where to stay is greatly appreciated.

MDG

Hi MDG,

We're on the same ship. Stop by the Roll calls and say hi. We're also flying in on Saturday. Last time we stayed at the Intercontinatal. The hotel rates are hi for that time of year, so I'm going to wait until mid Feb. and see what comes available on priceline and Hotwire. Also check the Pre-post cruise hotel and Ports of call board for San Juan for some more info

Here's the link to our Roll Call

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=67852

Chris P

We were on the Golden in Oct. Hope you enjoy your cruise!!

We did Priceline and got the Radisson Ambassador in Condado. One suggestion is to book something now you can live with and you can cancel without penalty later, then keep trying priceline.

We got the Embassy Suites thru Hotwire in Oct. for $85. Look for the red S in the ammenities list. Do fly in the day before if you can; there were people who didn't make the ship because of airline computer problems. Who needs the stress to start vacation.

Last winter we stayed at the Intercontinental and really, really enjoyed it. We had stayed once before at the El San Juan and by comparison the Intercontinental was much more enjoyable. We experienced better service, had a much nicer cleaner room, and a less hectic atmosphere.

We went into old San Juan late one morning and that was the highlight of the trip. The conceirge at the hotel mapped out a walking route for us that would be downhill (rather than uphill) since my mom gets tired walking long distances. He even identified great spots to stop for a bite. We started at the fort, and headed down toward town. We stopped and looked in at the El Convento Hotel (I would definitely stay there next time now that I've seen it and the location). We thought about lunch there but continued on down the street (very beautiful colonial Spanish architecture, cobble stone streets). We visited the Dooney & Bourke Factory outlet store. We lunched at the Parrot Club. Fantastic!! Great atmosphere, great food (puerto rican/cuban), great drinks. Oh, and reasonable prices.

Archived