Small inflatable pool on deck

missthesea

I've read here about families bringing small inflatable kiddie pools for the non-potty trained kids. Has anyone brought one on deck on either the Princess Sapphire or HAL's Oosterdam? Easy to do? Any help or hinderance from the crew? I will be bringing a two year old on one or the other of these ships. I know neither is ideal for that age group, but those are my choices for this trip.

Thanks! These boards are incredibly helpful.

My twins took two cruises on the Sapphire before they were old enough for the kids program and they LOVED it. We brought a blow up pool on one of the cruises - the blow up duck tub from Target, which also fits into the shower of the cabin. It fits easily between two deck chairs if you're by the pool, or, if you have the end deck chairs near the ice cream stand, there is a lot of extra room there where putting a pool next to the last deck chair won't be in anyone's way. There are also always tons of deck chairs and deck space away from the pool along the sides of the ship where there is plenty of room to put the blow up tub and have your own space.

On the Sapphire you can go with your toddler to play in the kids club where there are age appropriate toys, movies and even an outside play area with slide, big wheels, etc. They also loved going to the disco and the lounge that's in the middle of the ship (maybe the Outrigger?) when they were closed to run around the dance floor.

Have a great time!

Best,

Mia

Here are some pictures of the pool areas on Oosterdam/WEsterdam:

Midship pool:

BG-1.jpg

BG-4.jpg

Aft pool (adults only):

BG-2.jpg

BG-3.jpg

There is not really much space in the midship area near the pool, with lots of tables and traffic. Not a lot of lounge chairs, either. The advantage is the roof they can close when it is cool or inclement. The aft pool area has much more space and more loungers, although they tend to place them close together. EM

Other posters have described filling it with buckets from the pool or from an outdoor shower. They then dispose of the water into a floor drain or janitor's closet sink, as not to possibly contaminate the pool water supply. Our *almost* potty-trained little girl loves to swim, so hoping we can at least use the inflatable pool. We just don't want to break any rules or get in anyone's way. If we can afford a balcony, I suppose we can just use the little pool there.

I have been wondering about this myself... I have a two year old and while he can go to the kids clubs, if he goes to the lido with us, he can't swim because he is in diapers. We have the inflatable duck, he used to bath in it when he was a baby. I just wonder if he can still fit in it. I imagine now that he would just step in and out of it, dumping water from it with his dump trucks... but I might take it just to have something for him to do while on deck. :) Any of you ever used the duck (or something that small of a size) with a child around 24lbs?

We were on the Sapphire last March and behind one of the kids rooms was an outdoor play area with tricycles and a small kiddie pool. We asked if swim diapers could be used and the counselour told us that was fine. I know my nephew was in swim diapers at the time and he went and splashed around. Doesn't really answer your question but if it's just some splash time you want, then you won't have to fill up a pool.

Archived