Eastern Med Sep or Oct

Hi everyone!

Looking at Eastern Med with Egypt in September or October of 2011. I have checked the weather averages and can see the advantages to both months but I'm looking for a little first hand knowledge please. We would be in the ports for every stop but hopefully by the pool on sea days. Are the seas any rougher later in the year in the Med? How are temperatures, OK for sunning? Any info will be appreciated. Thanks!

Hi everyone!

Looking at Eastern Med with Egypt in September or October of 2011. I have checked the weather averages and can see the advantages to both months but I'm looking for a little first hand knowledge please. We would be in the ports for every stop but hopefully by the pool on sea days. Are the seas any rougher later in the year in the Med? How are temperatures, OK for sunning? Any info will be appreciated. Thanks!

We do some form of Med usually every Sept/Oct - love that time of year, less crowded and weather is usually perfect. Not sure which ports you are referring to exactly, but around Athens, Greek Isles area we've had temps in the 80's in October. Last year in early October both Rome and Venice were very warm. We did have a couple of pool days and they were quite warm.

Which time of year would be best to cruise the Eastern Mediterranean? Fall (mid October) or Spring (mid to late April).

Is it more likely to be cooler and rainy in the spring?

What about October...does the Mediterranean have trouble with hurricanes?

We are really undecided whether to cruise this coming fall, or wait until next spring. Have found interesting itineraries for both. Thank you in advance for your help. ;)

Hi everyone!

We did October cruise on Princess Grand in 2009. Look for my review for details.

We had cloudy skies and rain on the first few days and I would say it wasn't sunning weather in Mykinos Greece either. Got rained on in Rome, got drowned in Athens. Bought an umbrella for 5 Euros. Cleared up in Egypt. We got a great price on the cruise and have just received pricing discounts on this years fall cruises also.

:)Darienill

We did October cruise on Princess Grand in 2009. Look for my review for details.

We had cloudy skies and rain on the first few days and I would say it wasn't sunning weather in Mykinos Greece either. Got rained on in Rome, got drowned in Athens. Bought an umbrella for 5 Euros. Cleared up in Egypt. We got a great price on the cruise and have just received pricing discounts on this years fall cruises also.

:)Darienill

And you are going back! :eek: :D

That's too bad the weather was bad. What ship and itinerary are you taking this time?

Archived