What nights are formal nights?

MysticalMagic

I have been glancing over the large and heated formal night thread. I did not post my opinion since we have never cruised in a big boat, but we will be opting out of the formal nights and wondered when they scheduled them. We are sailing on a 7 night RT Alaska cruise out of Seattle if that makes any difference.

I have been glancing over the large and heated formal night thread. I did not post my opinion since we have never cruised in a big boat, but we will be opting out of the formal nights and wondered when they scheduled them. We are sailing on a 7 night RT Alaska cruise out of Seattle if that makes any difference.

Oh that was a short and well-behaved "formal thread" compared to many we've had :D You'll get used to seeing them pretty regularly on this board :).

Likely the evening of your first sea day, and the evening of your visit to Glacier Bay (if you go to Glacier Bay) will be the formal evenings.

If you will be so kind...

On the Oosterdam the itinerary is...

0 - Seattle

1 - At Sea

2 - Glacier Bay

3 - Juneau

4 - Sitka

5 - Ketchikan

6 - Victoria

7 - Seattle

Would day 1 and day 2 be formal days?

No. Day 1 would be, but you won't have two formal nights in a row. What time is the ship leaving Sitka and Ketchikan? The second formal night is likely to be one of them, probably the one with the earlier sail-away time.

If they both have the same sail-away time, then the second formal night is probably going to be Ketchikan.

Archived