How do I reach Higher Authority at Carnival via email

eponym

email is probably not the best method to communicate on legal matters

Sure, but it's direct (sort of) and somewhat informal at this point. I am not trying to put this into a legal matter. They have the entire record, including security investigations, statements and medical services rendered, collected and compiled at Guest Relations already.

I'm assuming you want monetary compensation and your threat is if they don't pay enough you won't cruise with them again? Seems like it would be in their best interest to say ok cruise with someone else we paid your medical and that's all your getting.

Couldn't have been much of an injury if it didn't stop you from doing excursions. Now if you were room bound for the rest of your trip I could see getting a cruise price refund. Doesn't sound like you were though.

Seems like in your best interest to realize that you don't know any of what ocurred, the implications and impact to me and my vacation.

You have no idea what it impacted. Just bloody running off at the mouth...

For openers, and I can't believe how ignorant some poeple are on thisboard, I flew from Los Angeles to San Juan to START their f'ing cruise.

Hang around long enough, you'll get plenty more unsolicitated advice on how to be a superior human being. ;)

*Sighs wearily* Pretty much. And people wonder why I drink so much ... ;)

We so need to be hanging out together. Sometimes I wonder how the managed to get through 3 years of law school without getting lost on the way to class.

That's why I remind them of my "fabulousness" as much as possible!!!

Seems like in your best interest to realize that you don't know any of what ocurred, the implications and impact to me and my vacation.

You have no idea what it impacted. Just bloody running off at the mouth...

eponym, you're the one who started this thread by saying you were given medical treatment, able to continue with the ports, were NOT charged $800 but want to speak to the head honcho to complain. With the (little) information you provided, why cant people make these assumptions??

And why is it a big deal that you flew from CA to PR to start the cruise? People do that all the time.

We so need to be hanging out together. Sometimes I wonder how the managed to get through 3 years of law school without getting lost on the way to class.

Next round is on me, for both of you!

eponym, you're the one who started this thread by saying you were given medical treatment, able to continue with the ports, were NOT charged $800 but want to speak to the head honcho to complain. With the (little) information you provided, why cant people make these assumptions??

And why is it a big deal that you flew from CA to PR to start the cruise? People do that all the time.

I just asked for the contact information, trying to identify who guest relations department reported to.

Other than that, there are no assumptions people SHOULD make...

Even with the little background I gave, you still got it wrong. I missed a couple of days.

But you don't get that either (I see).

Thank-you!!! my sentiments exactly.

Ditto.

:D

I didn't recall the OP asking how to get any sort of compensation or if he/she (sorry about that, I don't want to assume!) is entitled to anything. The OP stated some of what happened, likely just enough to assist in getting the correct address of the correct department, and said they wanted to follow up on the issue. Problem solved...I think in the first few posts.

The conclusions that some people are jumping to without knowing all the facts is astounding. I would hate to be on trial with a jury of some of my Cruise Critic peers or I'd probably end up in the noose within the opening statement of my case.

I didn't recall the OP asking how to get any sort of compensation or if he/she (sorry about that, I don't want to assume!) is entitled to anything. The OP stated some of what happened, likely just enough to assist in getting the correct address of the correct department, and said they wanted to follow up on the issue. Problem solved...I think in the first few posts.

The conclusions that some people are jumping to without knowing all the facts is astounding. I would hate to be on trial with a jury of some of my Cruise Critic peers or I'd probably end up in the noose within the opening statement of my case.

I was on a jury last year, and you hit the nail on the head. People make judgements based on personal biases, and there is no turning back. CC or a jury, same thing.

Sorry op, people make assumptions that all people are looking for monetary compensations.

The fact that they know nothing at all about any of the circumstances means nothing to them.

However just the idea that someone might be looking for monetary compensation makes their blood boil.

Strange world we live in.

LOL! Definitely. I had one staring at the photocopier for twenty minutes before realizing the thing was out of paper ... even though the display clearly said it was out of paper. I had another one try to put paper in a printer tray, but in the process crack their head *on* the paper tray.

This is when they *aren't* fighting amongst themselves like a bunch of eight year olds.

The conclusions that some people are jumping to without knowing all the facts is astounding.

It truly is...

It's almost like they are Carnival shills..

When people blame the cruise line for ridiculous things, I have a tendency to side with the cruise line. Some people are just ridiculous in their claims. You can spot them a mile away. I'm NOT saying that about you, but I'm sure you've seen people like that a lot here on the boards.

However, some people act like a cruise line is their personal friend. They are forgetting that the cruise lines are a business first and you are really just a numbered drop in their money bucket with a bit of good customer service here and there. Some take great offense when someone suggests not all is sunshine and lollipops. Their best buddy would NEVER do something bad!!

If OP didn't want opinions they easily could have posted I need this information and not included bits and pieces of drama details. Or did a quick online search and got the info for themselves.

I was going to post something similar.

I won't assume the OP is out for cash but I question why a scientist, with an obviously excellent grasp of the English language would turn to a message board for contact information for a huge cruise line when it can be so easily obtained by any moron. Surely a person this obviously intelligent could have figured it out alone..

The only reason I can see for this posting is to provoke the exact conversation that is going on here....

I won't assume the OP is out for cash but I question why a scientist, with an obviously excellent grasp of the English language would turn to a message board for contact information for a huge cruise line when it can be so easily obtained by any moron. Surely a person this obviously intelligent could have figured it out alone..

The only reason I can see for this posting is to provoke the exact conversation that is going on here....

I think you nailed it exactly!

Arent you reading quite a lot into this?

Maybe he was just taking the easy out looking for info. Since wehave no idea what happened how would we possibly know if he deserves compensation or not?

Arent you reading quite a lot into this?

Maybe he was just taking the easy out looking for info. Since wehave no idea what happened how would we possibly know if he deserves compensation or not?

:confused:

Ummm...I never mentioned that I thought he wants compensation.

I don't care if he wants compensation.

I question why he posted here looking for an address that is much easier to find on CCL's web site, hence would have been the easiest out.

And he doesn't seem at ALL like an idiot..so yeah, I think there may have been motive to STP.

For any of us to answer his question, we'd have had to look it up. I am sure he could have done that himself....

LOL...kinda hypocritical to accuse people of bring 'Carnival Shills' YET expect them to know email or snail mail addresses off the tops of their heads.

Archived