Guarantee Category - Z or others

How often have you booked a "z" guarantee and been pleased with an upgrade? I'm so tempted, but I hate being on the 2nd/3rd floor and just am not willing to give up my 7th floor room. But then the frugalness in me says grab it and SAVE!

So just curious how often you book a guarantee category and like the result.

We did gamble last time and got a great inside room, but not sure I feel lucky twice!

I tried my first guarantee balcony on my next cruise. I struck gold. I ended up in a D1 and was assigned a cabin. I later was able to change cabins to an aft balcony on the Radiance. Good luck in what you decide to do. As long as you are ok with what ever you get, then go for it. It's a gamble. Only you can decide if you're willing to chance it.

Did an inside guarantee - Radiance - Mexican Riviera. Got cabin 3119. It's an OK cabin - not unhappy - at least it is not on a crew hallway or under the pool.

But if I had gotten a D1 - I would have been doing one heck of a happy dance!!! :p

I've done inside guarantees before and only got burned once. On the Majesty - got 4th floor way up front. Heard the anchor drop at the crack of dawn. One heck of an alarm clock!!! :eek: But it was a short 4 day so I figured I could live with it. The price was so right.

My first RCI cruise coming up in May. I booked a balcony gty and ended up with D2 superior. Score!

I've booked guarantee 3 times total and each time I was pleased. But as others have said, you have to be willing to accept the worst cabin in that category.

My first cruise was on NCL and I booked inside guarantee and ended up with an inside on deck 8 midship.

My second cruise was on Carnival Spirit and I booked balcony guarantee and they assigned me an extended balcony on deck 8. I saw that an aft ext balcony was available 2 decks down (same category at the time) and my TA switched me.

We booked a guarantee Z and got an N category on deck 6. It was a little foward so we called RCCL and asked to be switched to another cat N more midship. I even gave them the cabin number I wanted (which was showing as available online) and they gave it to me.

Can't go wrong with that!

I decided to give the guarantee whirl...and well...I got Deck 2...ugh...the only thing is that it is a wheelchair access. room so it looks as if the room is nearly double in size. I mean it was a crap shoot...but are you ever able to call and request a change when you book a guarantee??

Thanks everyone! We took a chance since our goal was not to get a free upgrade but to save money and ended up with deck 6 - basically one deck down but same location. While I am not sure what it is like to have a room above the dining room - we are happy we took the gamble and now have $160 in our pockets as OBC :)

To pp - these boards seem to make it seem you MAY be able to get your room switched to another room within the same category you are currently assigned. Sounds like it depends on the agent you get.

Archived