OBC - emailed invoice and online don't match

I am cruising in a few weeks and had two nice price drops last month. :) The invoices that were sent to me were correct. But when I went online to check, it doesn't match (one reservation does, one doesn't).

The one that doesn't match, I also had a c&a coupon applied for $150 and that is the difference in OBC that is showing. (For clarification: my OBC should be $364 but it shows $214 online.) Should I try to have this corrected? Or is my emailed invoice what they will go by?

Thanks in advance.

Mary

This happened to me on our recent cruise. We had an OBC from a price drop and a C&A savings certificate. For some reason when RCI does their accounting the OBC is listed as a (+) and the certificate is listed as a (-). Think of the OBC as something you PURCHASED which will later be refunded if not used. The certificate is deducted from the cost of your cruise. Because of the accounting if you add the OBC (+) and certificate savings (-) together you will come up with the credit listed on the reservation on the website. However, if you have an invoice sent to you it should come out the way you expect. And when I arrived on the ship and checked my account on the TV I had the correct amount of OBC. I don't know why they do it the way they do on the website and differently on the invoices that are e-mailed to you. But that is how it is.

I hope that my explanation makes sense.

This happened to me on our recent cruise. We had an OBC from a price drop and a C&A savings certificate. For some reason when RCI does there accounting the OBC is listed as a (+) and the certificate is listed as a (-). Think of the OBC as something you PURCHASED which will later be refunded if not used. The certificate is deducted from the cost of your cruise. Because of the accounting if you add the OBC (+) and certificate savings (-) together you will come up with the credit listed on the reservation on the website. However, if you have an invoice sent to you it should come out the way you expect. And when I arrived on the ship and checked my account on the TV I had the correct amount of OBC. I don't know why they do it the way they do on the website and differently on the invoices that are e-mailed to you. But that is how it is.

I hope that my explanation makes sense.

It does. Thanks for your help.

It does. Thanks for your help.

Mary....don't ever go by what you see on-line....always go by your actual invoice....on-line is a mess:rolleyes:....if in doubt call Royal and ask for a new invoice.....that will be the one you can trust.

My online invoice has vexed me since Day 1. I could never figure it out, but it does make sense the way OB explained it.

Well I got my booking confirmation copy and it shows the OBCs I should have so I'll go with that.

Mary....don't ever go by what you see on-line....always go by your actual invoice....on-line is a mess:rolleyes:....if in doubt call Royal and ask for a new invoice.....that will be the one you can trust.

Hi Steve. :)

The only reason I was concerned was because when I called for the price drop, I was originally told that I couldn't get it because I had a coupon applied. I hung up, came on to cc to ask that question ;), and was told that the coupon shouldn't make a difference. I called back and it was adjusted. The latest invoice is correct but I figured I would ask here anyway.

Enjoy your cruise. It's so close now!

Where online do you see OBC's? We have two (prepaid them using cash, not a coupon or gift cert) OBC's and they have never appeared on our online reservation.

I have the emails as proof, just in case, but have never found them on our .com reservation.

Thanks,

Go Cats

Where online do you see OBC's? We have two (prepaid them using cash, not a coupon or gift cert) OBC's and they have never appeared on our online reservation.

I have the emails as proof, just in case, but have never found them on our .com reservation.

Thanks,

Go Cats

On my reservation, under payments, summary, it says "optional items". These are from recent price drops. The obc that I have for booking onboard does not show up online.

I am cruising in a few weeks and had two nice price drops last month. :) The invoices that were sent to me were correct. But when I went online to check, it doesn't match (one reservation does, one doesn't).

The one that doesn't match, I also had a c&a coupon applied for $150 and that is the difference in OBC that is showing. (For clarification: my OBC should be $364 but it shows $214 online.) Should I try to have this corrected? Or is my emailed invoice what they will go by?

Thanks in advance.

Mary

Your C&A coupon for $150 was taken off your cruise fare and should not show up as an OBC.

Thanks in advance.

Mary

Mary......I have the exact same thing with my res. I have a copy of the invoice, and was told that that is the one the ship uses for OBC. If they mess this up, I will join you at guest relations:eek:

jerry

Archived