cheaptickets strange

jezzdogg

Went to purchase one-way seats on cheaptickets (orginally 203) when I went back online they were up to 245. Thought if I deleted my cookies the orginal price would appear....NOT.

Went on priceline still searching for a cheap one-way fare to London for our transatlanltic. What should appear....buy it now for 186 and they directly me to cheaptickets..

This all happenned within a couple of minutes and cheaptckets are still showing the 245 price

Went to purchase one-way seats on cheaptickets (orginally 203) when I went back online they were up to 245. Thought if I deleted my cookies the orginal price would appear....NOT.

Went on priceline still searching for a cheap one-way fare to London for our transatlanltic. What should appear....buy it now for 186 and they directly me to cheaptickets..

This all happenned within a couple of minutes and cheaptckets are still showing the 245 price

My guess is that the original cheaptickets quote was without taxes.

No all the prices are with tax and all other fees included. Could notfigure that one out. Wound up purchasing the tickets thru cheaptickets vis Priceline paid 372 for 2 one-ways from Newark to London. Less than I am paying to fly down to FLL next month

No all the prices are with tax and all other fees included. Could notfigure that one out.
Well, it could be just as simple as the cheap seats having sold out while you were looking. It happens - I've had it happen to me more than once.

Or it may have been that there were two cheap seats left, and they sold one while you were looking, so you had to pay the higher price for both. When that happens to me, I often have to make two bookings, to get the last cheap one and then one at the next price, although I'm more comfortable doing that on sites that I know well and trust (most often, booking directly with BA).

Final possibility: You originally asked for a price for one seat, but then later asked for a price for two, when there was only one cheap seat left. You get the same result as the previous scenario.

I have found that generally cheaptickets is quoting airline pricing, nothing special about it. So run a search, find out which airlines are flying when and where you want to go, then go to their website and book directly. Saves the service/processing fee they charge and sometimes you can grab an even cheaper web-only deal. Happy Sailing!

Archived