Are Luaus all about food?

priya08

Hello, I have been looking for Luau in Maui as well. I found them pretty expensive given that both of us are vegetarian. Are there enough vegetarian dishes to eat in a Luau? And is it worth for us if its all about food? We don't care about food as much, but wondering if there is enough entertainment to justify the cost of a Luau for us?

For me, I do not care about the food (although I never miss out:o), it is all about the show! IMO, there are usually plenty of non-meat dishes, but since I always look for the meat first, I am not the best person to comment.

A standard luau (any commerial one except the PCC) for me is: #1 the show, #2 the party atmosphere, and finally #3 the food.

Hello, I have been looking for Luau in Maui as well. I found them pretty expensive given that both of us are vegetarian. Are there enough vegetarian dishes to eat in a Luau? And is it worth for us if its all about food? We don't care about food as much, but wondering if there is enough entertainment to justify the cost of a Luau for us?

When we went to Hawaii, we felt that attending a luau was something that we had to do. We are also vegetarians although not vegans, so we do eat fish and stuff, just no meat. We also went to the luau not because of the food, but for the entire experience of the Hawaiian luau. We enjoyed the food we were able to eat, and sure didn't leave hungry. If you eat fish, you can have as much of it as you want, and between the veggies, fruit and other assorted goodies, we had plenty to eat. But the show did make it all worthwhile. We had never experienced something like this and we enjoyed it tremendously.

The cost wasn't a factor in going to a luau. As I said, it was something we felt we really wanted to do to experience more of Hawaii.

We did the Germaines Luau and we had a grand time.

Cheers

Len

I like the Old Lahaina Luau on Maui. Good food, right on the beach, smaller venue, more authentic feel to it. I hate the large hotel luaus. However, it is tough to get tickets to the OLL. Book well in advance!

Since it is something we have to do for me, we have decided to go to Old Lahaina Luau. This is because of two reasons - one it has awesome reviews and secondly, our tender point is Lahaiana (with Royal Caribbean) which is just one mile from this Luau. We can attend that and catch our ship which leaves at 11pm.

Archived