Is the Sunrise Hotel San Pedro okay? No luck on PL

mousecrazy

I've been bidding on Priceline for over a week in hopes of getting the Crowne or Doubletree. I just bid $105 and was rejected for March 26. I need a back up. I've read lots of mixed reviews about the Sunrise Hotel. I would love a local's feedback on location...we need safe! What's the pool like? Is it kid friendly? We'll be arriving around 7pm on Friday and taking their shuttle to the pier in the morning. How about the breakfast?

Or should I just buck up and pay the going rate of $144 at one of the aforementioned hotels?

Thanks!

I think you'll find it to be a clean, serviceable hotel. There is a Grinder restaurant next door, which has good food at good prices. The pool may not be open this time of the year. It is in a safe location along Harbor Blvd., patrolled by LAPD, the LA Port Police, and our own local security force. There are plenty of restaurants and shops within walking distance--about two long blocks. And the Crowne Plaza is about a block away if you want a truly outstanding dinner from its new chef.

Let me put it this way: I've never heard a complaint directly from anyone who has stayed there, but I've never heard any raves.

we stayed at best western--just off the pacific coast highway. though the neighborhood was not sterling--it was ok. you could take a taxi to dinner--and the hotel had a free shuttle to the port. the rooms were nice and cheaper than 144.

some dis it here--but we found it to be nice.

Why not try a hotel at the Airport instead? Then take the shuttle to the port in the morning.

Personally I don't see anything special about any of the hotels in San Pedro. We did stay at the Crowne Plaza once (Priceline) and it was merely a clean hotel, convenient to the port.

Why not try a hotel at the Airport instead? Then take the shuttle to the port in the morning.

Personally I don't see anything special about any of the hotels in San Pedro. We did stay at the Crowne Plaza once (Priceline) and it was merely a clean hotel, convenient to the port.

We're driving in from Palm Springs and need to return out car to Long Beach Airport on Friday evening.

We're driving in from Palm Springs and need to return out car to Long Beach Airport on Friday evening.

You could still stay at one of the Airport hotels...there are quite a few around Long Beach airport. Turn your car in and take a shuttle from the airport (or your hotel) to the pier in the AM.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g32655-d81285-Reviews-Sunrise_Hotel_San_Pedro-Los_Angeles_California.html

it gets mixed reviews on trip advisor, but someone metions it's in a great location to pick up their cruise, so it can't be all bad!!

At worst it's only for one night, at best it's somewhere that you can use again and again because you like it so much.:)

We have also stayed there last year on our cruise to Mexico that was changed to Canada because of the swine flue.

Anyway it was nice nothing fancy but what do you want for a low price. They were very good about getting us to the port as well as picking us up after the cruise.

What did you end up spending for your room? We are going out of LA on our next cruise and were wondering what they are charging now.

p.s. They do charge to leave your car there. I don't remember how much a day but it was cheaper than leaving it at the pier.

Sunrise is fine if you are looking for a place to rest your head for a night. They are also within walking distance of Downtown San Pedro and Port's O Call village so restaurants and shopping are close by. You are also close to the water and the cruise terminal and you don't have to listen to planes flying in and out of LAX (why would anyone want to stay at a hotel at LAX if you don't have to?)

We stayed 1 night at the Sunrise a few years ago when it was Best Western Sunrise it was fine, they had a free shuttle to the pier. They were close to everything we needed. If you do not get the priceline deal you are looking for, take Sunrise and use the money you save on the cruise.

Archived