Cruiseline Formalwear rental experience?

Debbers

We're booked on the Cunard Queen Victoria next March and will need to rent formalwear for the DH. I understand Cunard has very limited shipboard rentals and will not guarantee size or availability and so we're looking at other options. Has anyone rented from Cruiseline Formalwear of Miami? Their service sounds very convenient (though certainly not as convenient as finding the tux waiting in the cabin) and is well priced, but how is the quality? Any experience to share would be most appreciated.

We rented a number of times from Cruiseline formal before DH finally bought his own tux. It was great, because the entire outfit was waiting for him in our cabin and he turned it in to the cabin steward on our last day aboard.

We rented from them again this past October when we took our adult kids with us to the Mediterranean. Our son and son-in-law wore rentals and they were both happy with the fit - have measurements taken by a mens wear store or a tux rental store in your city, then things will fit properly.

Smooth Sailing! :):):)

When my son was a teen I always rented the tux through them - great service! He looked fantastic and I didn't have to buy or pack a tux or formal shoes that he would have grown out of by the following year.

Sue/WDW1972

Ryndam 4/11/10

Eurodam 3/5/11

• 1 year later...

I rented a tux for our last UK cruise (Crown Princess) The first trousers they sent were the wrong size, too large, looked like clown pants. I got a replacement the next day (first formal night) which were also too large, but would have worked if the waist adjusters had not been worn out/ broken. So, we missed the first formal night (of 2) because I didn't bring a suit either, since this was part of a month long european vacation and I did not want to lug it for the next 3 weeks. They finally got me an acceptable pair of trousers the day after the first formal night. When I dressed for the second formal night, I discovered that theey had sent the wrong shirts, no holes for the studs/ cufflinks, just buttons.

When we returned I called to lodge a complaint. The lady told me I would get a call back within a day or two, it's been nearly two weeks and no call. Do whatever you can to NOT use this company.

We just returned from a Baltic cruise where we'd rented a tux for our son who was joining us from Japan. When he arrived in his cabin the tux was waiting in the closet for him; he tried it on, discovered the jacket was too large and called the front desk. Within half an hour someone was in the room with 3 different jackets and he was happily outfitted for the entire cruise.

Unlike Bookman 257, we have had nothing but good experiences with Cruiselineformal - and we've used them a number of times over the years; I'm sorry he was not so fortunate.

Smooth Sailing! :):):)

• 2 weeks later...

When I took my three adult sons on their first cruise I rented tuxes for them through Cruiseline Formalwear. The process was easy and the tuxes were waiting on the ship when we boarded. With that said, I would say we had a 66% success rate. Two of the tuxes were fine, and one wasn't a great fit. It wasn't so bad that I had to return it, but not quite right based on the measurements.

Even with the one issue, I think overall, the tuxes were fine and worth the $$ considering I didn't have to pack or worry about bringing anything with me.

WE used this service for our 2 adult sons on holiday cruises out of FLL several years running (as recently as 2009). Tuxes were always in garment bags in cabin upon boarding, no matter how fast we got to our rooms! Fit was great, but I was very careful to call in measurements and recheck as well. We always had boys try on ASAP on boarding, then could detect small problems we had, such as loose or missing buttons, and send out with room steward for repairs. Great service for us. Also liked the formal photos with all dressed to the nines!! At end of cruise, tux and accessories are repackaged in bag and steward will pick up.

I'm sure the OP has already gone through the experience with Cunard since the cruise was this past March. Hopefully they will come back and report how it went.

When we cruised the Med (was it really 3 years ago... sigh) all 3 of the men in our party rented tuxes to avoid packing issues. All of them fit great.

My husband and BIL went to a tux rental shop and had their measurements done there. They don't charge for this service, but the guys did leave a tip. I think I ordered my husbands online, it was ready and waiting and a fairly perfect fit for a rental.

Archived