How do I go about getting credit for the Amex Cruise Privilages onboard credit

stipmom

I was the original poster. I like to handle my own bookings so I book through the cruiseline directly. When I called Amex they told me the cruise line has to get the tracking number. My Vacation Planner says the client gets it. Anyone deal with this issue? Thanks

I was the original poster. I like to handle my own bookings so I book through the cruiseline directly. When I called Amex they told me the cruise line has to get the tracking number. My Vacation Planner says the client gets it. Anyone deal with this issue? Thanks

Try this. Find a time when you know the vacation planner will be in the office. Call Amex and then 3 way Celebrity in. Since you want to handle your own bookings, you'll have to do the work.

By the way, if you used the services of a good agent this would already be done for you.

I have a question. I was told that since, when I booked, X's offer was better, that I would be eligible for only the perks through X (except the double membership points). I read somewhere that this should only apply to any OBC that's being offered and that I should still be able to receive the bottle of champagne and dinner for 2.

Can anyone confirm this before I go back to my TA?

Thanks!

We'd booked onboard so Celebrity's offer for the onboard credit was better than we would have gotten from Amex--we kept that. We booked 2 balcony cabins for an 11 day European cruise and we'll get the champagne, dinner and double points. Our Amex rep also told us that we'd get a $100 "travel credit" on our Amex account. I believe this is a once a year perk and she said we'd also get, after our trip I believe (but I don't have my notes handy) another $100 credit on our Amex.

To Richiebaseball, I used to use a travel agent but find it annoying to have to go through a middleman to get questions answered as Celebrity/RCCL will not talk to you if you have a travel agent. Also, if I see a lowered price on a weekend or night I know I can call and get it refunded immediately. If it is the time a travel agent is off I'm stuck until they come in. I have taken about 27 cruises and my last 10 were done on my own. Much better in my opinion

Archived