Liquor Stores in Georgetown?

emcee207

Yes. There are several just across the street. Liquor must be delivered to the ship as they don't sell to locals at DF prices. One is Tortuga Rum and at Margarittaville there is another shop on the ground level. Blackbeards. Look for coupons for both shops on board or around town to get a free rum cake or a free bottle if you buy 2.

There's also a Tortuga Rum liquor store in the shops at Royal Walter where many crusie ship tender dock. It's only a couple of hundred yards from the other tender dock and many bus excursions park in the lot between the two and bring you back to that lot.

We're about to go to Grand Cayman for the 4th time, and each time I've visited the Tortuga Rum store directly across the street from the tender area. If you purchase anything alcoholic and there is enough time, it will be delivered to the ship and at the end of the cruise delivered to your cabin so you can pack it. Last year, however, our excursion was very late and we had not real time to shop. While my wife waited in line for the tender, I ran into the store, bought two bottles of rum, and carried it with me to the ship. Once I boarded, however, I had to check it before going up to the "main decks". The security people nicely wrapped it and tagged it and it was delivered to my cabin on the last night of the cruise. You'll find the Tortuga Rum stores all over the downtown area - one local called them the Cayman's McDonalds of alcohol! Enjoy!

Archived