British Airways strike and Travel Insured International

two4theroad

British Airways strike and Travel Insured International

Part A – TRAVEL PROTECTION Trip Cancellation/Trip Interruption: The Insurer will pay a benefit, up to the maximum shown on the Schedule of Coverage and Services, if You are prevented from taking or continuing Your Trip due to the following Unforeseen events:

a) Sickness, Accidental Injury, or death of You, Your Traveling Companion, or a Family Member or Business Partner of You or Your Traveling Companion ..............

b) Strike that causes complete cessation of services for at least 24 consecutive hours.

This is all it says about strike....does it mean complete cessation of air service by BA, the ENTIRE company,,,,for 24 hours? If so, am I going to lose the entire cost of the cruise I have reserved and paid for? What advice can anyone give me as to what I should do?

Thanks,

2fer

This is the kind of question you need to take up with your insurer directly. Your policy also has some travel assistance or concierge type benefits that might help you get re-routed to your cruise on another carrier. But you need to dig out your policy and DOC and call them. NOW.

Archived