Prinsendam - "S" Suites - Help Please

sail7seas

We are looking at a Prinsendam cruise and reading the deck plan, I can't decide which are the preferred "S" cabins.

For those who are familiar with "S" suites on this ship, would you help re: which you think are preferred suites and why.

I am not a fan of stern cabins but if there is a reason you think those are the best, I can learn to think it's fine. :)

Do you prefer Lido or Sports Deck? I see Neptune is on Lido Deck.

Thanks if you can help.

Do you prefer Lido or Sports Deck? I see Neptune is on Lido Deck.

I can't help much, sail, but I can tell you this:

The suites on Sports Deck, port side, open to the passageway for the Crow's Nest. Not that there's a lot of traffic, or noise, but it could be a consideration. The suites on Sports Deck, starboard, will not have that traffic as there's no access to the Crow's Nest on that side.

Thinking of adding another ship to your collection? She's a lovely ship.

Thanks, Ruth.

That's exactly the kind of info I am seeking but you knew that. :) You always get to the 'meat'.

Yes.... we've yet to sail Prinsendam and Oosterdam. Would be nice to sail the whole fleet. :) There aren't too many chances for us to sail Prinsendam as many of her cruises require too much time away for us. DH cannot be away unlimited days. I would like to sail her soon though.

We had an "S" on the Lido deck, one cabin away from the Neptune Lounge - very convenient. However, when they have BBQ's around the pool on the Lido deck, the stench of the BBQ starter made it impossible to stay in the cabin - went to the Crow's Nest for two hours as it was so strong that I was having trouble breathing. It would be the Sports Deck on the starboard side for us - haven't seen the stern cabins yet....we were on the last cruise before they got added.....

Gena

We had an "S" on the Lido deck, one cabin away from the Neptune Lounge - very convenient. However, when they have BBQ's around the pool on the Lido deck, the stench of the BBQ starter made it impossible to stay in the cabin - went to the Crow's Nest for two hours as it was so strong that I was having trouble breathing. It would be the Sports Deck on the starboard side for us - haven't seen the stern cabins yet....we were on the last cruise before they got added.....

Gena

It kinds of seems like not to do an 'S' suite at all?????

Besides, if the oceans are rolling, so is the ship. And the higher you are, the more it pitches and yawes. If that happens, I would like to be in the bilges (if they had nice cabins down there).

What about the other decks, are they OK as far as the noice is concerned??

Thank you, Sunny Sidney. Very helpful info and the kind I am hoping to read more of. The more we know about the ship, the less chance of unpleasant surprise. The smell of barbeque lighter fluid is noxious IMO

LairBair.... as far as how high a deck, that isn't a big issue for us. We're used to being top of the ship and we've handled it fine. Many cruise lines locate their best cabins mid height, mid ship but that is not how it is on HAL ships. Not a problem.

We have spent considerable time on Prinsendam all on the Neptune side. Any cabin on that side and deck are ideal .. the others are good, in fact the ones upstairs are a bit bigger, but we always get one of the ones on the port side Neptune level. Trust me, knowing your preference for cabin location, those are the ones.

harry

We have spent considerable time on Prinsendam all on the Neptune side. Any cabin on that side and deck are ideal .. the others are good, in fact the ones upstairs are a bit bigger, but we always get one of the ones on the port side Neptune level. Trust me, knowing your preference for cabin location, those are the ones.

harry

We will be on the Prinsendam for the Top of the World cruise this summer and I appreciate your comment about the Neptune side.

That sure seems a lot more logical than being on a deck that is noisy, only because you are close to the 'action' or really want to be in 'first class'.

And I don't care how much you want to spend to be in 'S' class.

harry

Thank you, Harry. I alway appreciate your opinion. You know the cabin(s) we like. :)

We have been on the port side on the Lido and the deck above. We chose the higher deck again this year. Last year, we were very near the penthouse, and we heard very little noise at all from the Crow's Nest. Service was excellent. Don't think that I would like to be in the ones closest to the Crow's Nest, though. We chose the higher deck so that we would have to use the stairs every time to get to the Neptune. One small way to work off all those extra calories found in the Neptune! We also liked the suites on the Lido near, but not too close to the Neptune. The Neptune is small but beautiful, and there are balconies attached to it. The Prinsendam is our favorite! Hope this helps, Sail.

Archived