Hotel Help for Ft. Lauderdale

duckie22

We are leaving on a cruise from Ft. Lauderdale in November. Can anyone suggest a reasonable hotel in Ft. Lauderdale that is fairly close to the port but also close to a few restaurants?

Thanks -LD

Hi LD, check out the Florida Departure forum. It has great suggestions...

Please don't make the same mistake I did and stay at the Embassy Suites - it was a horrible experience due to the noise from outside, courtyard and all the rooms around us. If you are a heavy sleeper and do not care about noise, don't be tempted to eat at the E-spot unless you want to way overpay for food that isn't even as good as your local Chili's or Applebees.

We liked the Embassy. We stayed there 2 years ago over New Years. The hotel was sold out. It was loud in the atrium but we did not notice it in the room. Especially the bedroom which is behind the living room where the entrance to the room is. It was a good location with a Five Guys, Outback, and other restaurants in a shopping center next to the hotel. There is also a liqueur store in the shopping center and a CVS a few blocks away. There is also a short walk to the water taxi which is a great way to spend the day. Beautiful million dollar homes and yachts.

The hotel also has a 2 hour Manager's reception at night with free beer, mixed drinks, wine, soda, and snacks. They also have a great breakfast buffet. Both included with the price of the room.

The pool is nice, the hotel is clean, and the staff is friendly.

I highly recommend it but it is a little pricey.

Kevin

We just stayed at the Riverside Hotel, which we really liked. I got it on Priceline so was reasonable considering we were in high season. No free shuttle, but wonderful location right on Las Olas with restaurants and shops galore right around the hotel. It was a perfect way to start off our cruise!

We are leaving on a cruise from Ft. Lauderdale in November. Can anyone suggest a reasonable hotel in Ft. Lauderdale that is fairly close to the port but also close to a few restaurants?

Thanks -LD

We just returned from Fort Lauderdale, where we stayed at the Riverside Hotel. I agree with sunsetbeachgal, the location on Las Olas Blvd is great! I was not as happy with the hotel itself. The lobby is lovely and the staff very friendly. But the two rooms we received were outdated and smelled musty. The beds were not comfortable and need replacement. When we first arrived I thought there was urine in the toilet, which actually turned out to be the color of the hotel water!? YUCK!

Friends just got back from cruise in f.l.

they stayed at ramada, one night, they would not recommend.

more motel style, and smelt a bug spray smell,

went to bathroom and the husband thought is was a leaf on the floor.

realizing it was not, and it was on its way out from possible bug spray,

he was able to finish it off. they arrived very late and changing hotels was not an option so slept with lights.... u can figure out what kind of bugs they were.

We usually stay at the Sleep Inn in Dania precruise. Directly infront of the hotel is a Walgreen's and directly across the street is a plaza with a Mexican (fantastic), Italian and Chinesse Restaurants and Plublix grocery store that sells wine...not sure about liquor.

To us this hotel and location is great for one night. The hotel offers shuttle from the airport, shuttle to the pier and free continental breakfast.

Happy cruising!!

We usually stay at the Sleep Inn in Dania precruise. Directly infront of the hotel is a Walgreen's and directly across the street is a plaza with a Mexican (fantastic), Italian and Chinesse Restaurants and Plublix grocery store that sells wine...not sure about liquor.

To us this hotel and location is great for one night. The hotel offers shuttle from the airport, shuttle to the pier and free continental breakfast.

Happy cruising!!

we are saying here in may. it has great reviews and a good price. we booked for 72 dollars. just for one night and thats all we need. I hope its nice! Ill try to remeber and report back to you! last year we stayed in the ramada. we thought it was fine. yes its more motel style and i would never stay more than one night but its okay for the price and the breakfest was free and very good. I am a very picky person and a germaphobe! but i felt like it was fine for just the one night. i always wear flip flops in the shower and on the hotel floor no matter how upscale the hotel because you just never know! we also checked the beds and they were fine. we didnt see any bugs. the only problem with this hotel is if you want food and stores in walking distance this is not the place and thats why we did not book it again. but it has a free shuttle to the port and the airport. so if its the cheapest place and yoru on a budget its fine for jsut one night. but the sleep inn was the same price and in walking distance to stores and food. also i hear its a half hour walk to the beach. so i like that! so ill try and let you know how it is!

enjoy your vacation!

We just returned from Fort Lauderdale, where we stayed at the Riverside Hotel. I agree with sunsetbeachgal, the location on Las Olas Blvd is great! I was not as happy with the hotel itself. The lobby is lovely and the staff very friendly. But the two rooms we received were outdated and smelled musty. The beds were not comfortable and need replacement. When we first arrived I thought there was urine in the toilet, which actually turned out to be the color of the hotel water!? YUCK!
Sorry, Fort Lauderdale water is yellow no matter where you stay.

When we first arrived I thought there was urine in the toilet, which actually turned out to be the color of the hotel water!? YUCK!

The water in all of Ft. Lauderdale is "yellow", though, I prefer to say that it is not "colorless". For example, no matter where you stay in Ft. Lauderdale, if you filled the bathtub with water, it would look yellow. It was something I had to get used to when I first moved down here.

I won't need a room till Jan. 5th, 2011, so I'm just checking things out ahead of time. Last Oct. I was able to book a room thru Hotwire for the Hyatt for $79; right now it looks like they are priced at $89. Does anyone know if this price would vary up or down by fall? Several people have mentioned using value trips, which I'd prefer to do-having a reservation, but not needing to pre-pay. But value trips seems to have 3 different rates, depending on the season-and Jan. is high season. Can anyone who has booked thru value trips varify this? Thanks in advance.......

The water in all of Ft. Lauderdale is "yellow", though, I prefer to say that it is not "colorless". For example, no matter where you stay in Ft. Lauderdale, if you filled the bathtub with water, it would look yellow. It was something I had to get used to when I first moved down here.

Several hotels I stayed in when in So Fla had signs in the bathroom to that effect....

Archived