Celebrity Xpedition OV cabin differences?

geologygeek

Hi everyone,

We're thinking of booking a Galapagos trip and were just wondering what the differences were between XP, XD and XO categories? I see that essentially they are in different locations/decks and vary a little in size. Has anyone got any photos to show the different categories? I think we'd be happy to settle for the cheapest cabin if it's not too much of a squeeze!

Cheers.

It is a small ship and I agree with your strategy to get the cheapest cabin available. We were in 411, not sure which category that falls in, and it was perfectly acceptable for most peoples needs on the ship: sleeping, showering and getting ready for the next activity.

If you are not familiar with it already, this is the go to thread for the Xpedition:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=158948

We were in 411 also -- were upgraded to it. Originally booked 315 -- the least expensive. Only drawback would be hearing the anchor drop -- but usually need to be up for excursions anyway.

We just got back from the Xpedition, also were in 411, and you will hear the anchor everywhere on the ship. The major difference between XP, XD and XO is the location. Unless you opt for a suite (which is not really necessary on this trip), any cabin will serve the purpose of providing a place to sleep. No need to worry about which cabin you select...they are all just as good, and this trip is definitely not about the cabins but rather the experience.

Archived