Miami Hotels - which have free parking?

oz5

Now we are having to keep our rental car whilst on the cruise (otherwise $150 each way drop off charge!) Where can we park it to avoid $20 port parking fee?

Unless you're willing to stay a long way from the port [correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm thinking about 30 miles away], the most economical solution would be to drop your luggage and passengers off at the port, and go to one of the airport off site parking areas, which are relatively inexpensive. You would need to get dropped off at the airport [after parking] to get a cab to the port. Go online to find the best parking deals and recommendations and don't forget to add the taxi cost to your total. I don't know the exact taxi cost, but it should be around $20. Good luck.

If you spend a night at one of the airport hotels, parking is included in the rate. Some offer free shuttle to the port. So for the cost of the room, you get shuttle and parking. You'll be able to save half of your drop off charges. Now...where are those hotels?

La Quinta EAST is very popular here for people wanting shuttles and parking. There are others. You can search recent threads re shuttles and parking.

Also go to this site....parksleepandfly.com You will find hotels that allow the same. Make sure you check out the hotel on tripadvisor.com and/or come back here and ask. You don't want a really seedy hotel just to save more money. You want some place that the car will be secure too.

Good luck.

Based in the recommendations on these boards, I just booked this hotel for next October for $72 - senior rate. I had the Marriott Bayside for $159 and then I was going to have to pay a taxi to the hotel on top of that. I love Marriott, but this deal was too good to pass up.

Archived