Everything Serenade of the Seas

:)

Seaview Cafe Menu

All Day Favorites

Onion Rings - Sweet onions inside, golden crisp batter outside.

Feathers 'N Fingers - For those of you who can't decide, we give you both spicy chicken wings & crisp fried chicken fingers. Dipping sauces to match.

Corn Chips Basket - Corn chips with salsa, guacamole, and sour cream.

Soup & Salad

Soup of the day - Fresh and steaming hot from the kettle, served with deli crackers.

Seaview Salad - Seasonal greens, tomatoes & red onions topped with tuna or crab salad.

Grouper Caesar Salad - Romaine lettuce, blackened grouper fillet, shaved parmesan and herb croutons.

Fruit & Cottage Cheese - A delightful assortment of seasonal fresh fruit served with a scoop of cottage cheese.

Salads offered with our special royal culinary collections dressings.

Delicious Sandwiches

Cuban Sandwich - Sliced roast pork, ham, Swiss cheese and pickles on a toasted water roll.

Reuben Sandwich - Corned beef, sauerkraut, Swiss cheese and thousand island dressing on grilled rye bread.

Tuna Melts Sub - With sliced ripe tomatoes and melted Swiss cheese on a toasted French flute.

Vegetarian - Avocado, tomato, lettuce and spouts on whole wheat bread.

All sandwiches served with your choice of coleslaw, German potato salad, deli chips, French fries, and kosher pickles.

House Specials

Fish & Chips - with tartar sauce.

Chile con Carne - Our home made chili topped with cheese.

Hamburger, Cheeseburger, Nathan's Hot Dog, French Fries

And Desserts

Dessert Of The Day - Ask your server for today's delicious dessert special.

Brownies - Chunky, chewy and filled with chocolate morsels and walnuts.

Any chance you might have the MDR menus too? We sail in less than 20 days. :)

Going on the 5/1 sailing to the Southern Caribbean.

I have another question for everyone. Traveler's checks. Does anyone use them? Can we cash these onboard the ship somewhere for cash? I would like to avoid using credit cards so as to not incur any international transaction fees on the islands; and I don't want to bring a huge amount of cash with me. I would also like to avoid paying ATM fees whenever possible. What are some other options?

Thank you.

Yes, you can cash them at the pursers desk for cash - usually only US cash but all the islands take US cash anyway (though some may give you change back in local currency - we try to always take small bills). You can also cash travellers checks and pay off your shipboard account - we do this so that we don't get a big bill a month after we get home ...

Yes, you can cash them at the pursers desk for cash - usually only US cash but all the islands take US cash anyway (though some may give you change back in local currency - we try to always take small bills). You can also cash travellers checks and pay off your shipboard account - we do this so that we don't get a big bill a month after we get home ...

Thanks for the info. Is there a fee to use the pursers desk to cash the travelers's checks?

Does anyone happen to have photos of cabin #9576? I would love to see the view from the balcony, as well as the size of the balcony since it's at the front of the hump. We have this stateroom in August :D

Any chance you might have the MDR menus too? We sail in less than 20 days. :)

Check out the thread below from February. This menu may not be exactly what will be served. But it should be pretty close and, at the least, give a good idea of what you can expect.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1142631&highlight=seven+day+menu

We are doing a B2B in Oct. on SOS. Does anyone know if the menus will be the same both weeks? Probably so, but that is OK. Also does anyone know if Mr. Harry is still a waiter in the MDR? He was our favorite waiter of all times and all cruises.

onyourtoes,

We are also on the 9/26 sailing! I can't wait - September seems soooo far away! I'm really looking forward to this ship as it'll be my first time on this class and I've read so many wonderful things about it. Please join our roll call!

Karen

It does seem soooo, sooo far away, but it will be here before you know it. I am so looking forward to sailing. Thanks for the invite. Where do I sign up?

Thanks for the info. Is there a fee to use the pursers desk to cash the travelers's checks?

No fee to cash them, they just need to look at your Sea Pass card,

sign them and put your cabin number on the back.

If you are planning to go shopping on the islands it's good to go to Guest Relations the first afternoon and get some spending money ahead of time since you may find the small vendors only operate on a cash basis.

Another hint: do not wait until the sea day to cash checks because lots of people will be looking to get cash to put in the tips envelopes and just to have cash for taxis etc for disembarking.

Have a great cruise.

Hi all,

Will be sailing on 5/ 1 ( can't wait !!! ) heard so many good things about SOS. Does anyone have a copy of a recent cruise compass would love to see it before I go. thanks!!! :)

Hello fellow Marylander. We just returned last weekend from the Serenade. I have all the compasses from the Tortola, St.Maarten, Antigua, St. Lucia, Grenada itinerary. Are these the islands you are visiting? If so, I can probably download them this weekend.

hi There,

I would appreciate if you can download and post them. we are doing the same itinerary except for Tortola & Grenada . Did you have a good time? :)

We had a great time- wish I had more time to post pics and a review. I'll try and post the compasses tomorrow. [i have to work on taxes this weekend-so I am stretched for time]. This was our second trip on the Serenade and loved it both times.

In St. Maarten, we shopped and went to Dawn Beach, which is smaller and less crowded than Orient Beach.

In St. Lucia, we did an island tour of the Pitons, Jalousie Beach, the waterfalls and volcano with Spencer Ambrose tours.

In Antigua, we had planned on doing a beach day, but we were sunburned from the two previous days- so we signed up for an island tour that included Shirley Heights and Nelson's Dockyard. This island is very scenic and we had a great tour. We booked right off the dock at the tour desk and had only one other couple with us.

Tortola and Grenada were great too- of course, I can find something fun to do on every island I visit.

This thread is great. I'm enjoying it.

We're doing a back to back in June. The first week has a good roll call going, but I'm the only one on the second week! Surely there are some more CC'ers on that cruise.....June 27th. I'm lonely over there! If you're on that sailing....come over and chat!

I am considering booking the SOS on 4/2/11. I have sailed on larger ships recently but the reviews of the SOS have been great. I will have with me my DW, DS9, DS17 and friend of DS who is also 17. I assume there will be lots of activities for them as on the larger ships. Not worried about the ice skating rink, flow rider, etc. A basketball court, pool and arcade will make the older boys happy.

Archived