Cagnes-sur-Mer from Antibes?

jdaa

We will be in Antibes on Monday, June 21, from 8am until 11:30pm and would like to visit Renoir's home in Cagnes-sur-Mer. Is this possible using public transportation? Thanks for any help!

This is a bit of a challenge for us since we have not visited the home. You can take the #200 bus from Antibes to Cagnes sur Mer (the bus runs every 15 min) which will cost you 1 Euro per person. We do not know the closest bus stop in Cagnes sur Mer, but you should be able to get that info from the tourist office in Antibes or by simply asking the bus driver. Once you get to Cagnes sur Mer you might want to use a taxi to get to the home since it looks like its a bit off the main road (used by the bus line). The train line that runs between Cannes and Monte Carlo also stops at both Antibes and Cagnes sur Mer but the trains do not run as often as the bus and cost more money.

Hank

Do you think we would have any difficulty getting a taxi from the bus station in Cagnes-sur-Mer? (Sorry for the ignorant question, I've never traveled in Europe before. I just know that in the US, finding a taxi in a smallish town can be a challenge...)

Do you think we would have any difficulty getting a taxi from the bus station in Cagnes-sur-Mer? (Sorry for the ignorant question, I've never traveled in Europe before. I just know that in the US, finding a taxi in a smallish town can be a challenge...)

There should be taxis at the station. If not, there will most likely be a list of taxi companies and you can call one. Just tell them you are at the "Gare SNCF de Cagnes sur Mer" and you want to go to the "Musée Renoir". You will need to say the "sur Mer" part because otherwise they might just think you are in Cannes, which is another town. Very subtle difference in prononciation!

I agree with the prior post. Cagnes sur Mer is actually in a populated area (pretty much a suburb of Nice) and is also the nearest train stop for those trying to get to St Paul de Vence. If there are no taxis at the station it would probably only be a few minutes wait. You might also want to ask (at the station) whether there is a local bus that can drop you near the house.

Hank

We will be in Antibes on Monday, June 21, from 8am until 11:30pm and would like to visit Renoir's home in Cagnes-sur-Mer. Is this possible using public transportation? Thanks for any help!

I am sure that you have good instruction already. I just want to let you know that if you are (and by your quest you undoubtedly are) if you are a Renoir fan, you will have a great time. It is a really fantastic experience.

Archived