Where to stay pre-cruise in Miami

cruisemama5

I will be landing in Miami at 11:30 the night before the cruise. I am wondering if anyone can help me with a place to look at to stay this night. Would there be a hotel that would have a shuttle from the airport that late at night? And possibly a shuttle to the pier the next day?

Thanks for any information you can give me.:)

I will be landing in Miami at 11:30 the night before the cruise. I am wondering if anyone can help me with a place to look at to stay this night. Would there be a hotel that would have a shuttle from the airport that late at night? And possibly a shuttle to the pier the next day?

Thanks for any information you can give me.:)

Try the Hampton Inn and Suites Blue Lagoon...rated #4 on Trip Advisor.

Try the Hampton Inn and Suites Blue Lagoon...rated #4 on Trip Advisor.

I second that hotel.. we stayed there the night before our last cruise and it was a very nice hotel.. close to many restaurants and walgreens, cvs. . even a small grocery store. they have an airport shuttle and they have a shuttle to the port for around $10 per person. make sure you put your name down when you check in so you get one of the first departure times.

I would definitely stay there again for sure! their breakfast is very good as well, rooms are very nice and beds are comfy.

That hotel looks great, but what is the airport noise like? do you hear planes coming and going all night long? I need absolute quiet when I sleep.:D

I read a response from their GM on Trip Advisor (I think) that stated that they put in sound proofing windows. You might want to go to tripadvisor . com and read some of the reviews. I chose them over the Double Tree Key Biscayne based soley on the the reviews there.

I second that hotel.. we stayed there the night before our last cruise and it was a very nice hotel.. close to many restaurants and walgreens, cvs. . even a small grocery store. they have an airport shuttle and they have a shuttle to the port for around $10 per person. make sure you put your name down when you check in so you get one of the first departure times.

I would definitely stay there again for sure! their breakfast is very good as well, rooms are very nice and beds are comfy.

I will be staying there for my up comming cruise in September. But I wont be using the shuttle to the port. Unless its only one or two people in your group its cheaper to take a cab. Its a $24 flat rate from the hotel to the cruise port for 4 people in a cab where as the shuttle is $10 per person.

We've stayed at the Hampton twice. The first time was ok. The second time a year ago was not so great. The was already someone in the room they gave us:eek: . They gave us a different room and the air conditioner didn't work very well, was noisy and the mattresses were bad, We all had backaches the next morning after a not so restful night.

It was probably just one of those things but I don't plan to stay there again.

I will be staying there for my up comming cruise in September. But I wont be using the shuttle to the port. Unless its only one or two people in your group its cheaper to take a cab. Its a $24 flat rate from the hotel to the cruise port for 4 people in a cab where as the shuttle is $10 per person.

No flat rate from airport hotels to the port.

No flat rate from airport hotels to the port.

yeah i don't think there is flat rate either not sure who you talked too but isn't it more like $30-35 just to get to the Biscayne bay area in a taxi? I would double check your sources to make sure. . let us know what you find out.

As long as you don't get stuck in heavy traffic.

Then I guess I will be taking the hotel shuttle back to the AP and then a cab to the port. I think it ridiculous to spend $40 for a shuttle ride that a cab will do for $24 plus tip. My hotel is the Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon and so its not so far from the airport. I think if we leave the hotel at 10 am and after the shuttle to the airport then the cab ride to the port we should be there around 11.30 or so. Plus I can get the cab driver to take a "side trip" to the HRC. I visit one in every city/country I go to and buy a glass. I want to make sure I get one from Miami too.

Then I guess I will be taking the hotel shuttle back to the AP and then a cab to the port. I think it ridiculous to spend $40 for a shuttle ride that a cab will do for $24 plus tip. My hotel is the Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon and so its not so far from the airport. I think if we leave the hotel at 10 am and after the shuttle to the airport then the cab ride to the port we should be there around 11.30 or so. Plus I can get the cab driver to take a "side trip" to the HRC. I visit one in every city/country I go to and buy a glass. I want to make sure I get one from Miami too.

Good luck with the side trip, the driver doesn't have to do that within the guidelines of the flat rate fare.

Thinking maybe we will just sit in the airport till morning and taking a taxi to the port. I don't want to spend alot of money on a hotel for just a few hours. But then not sure if they would let us do that.

You're going to spend from 11:30 p.m. until the ship is ready for boarding at the airport? Sounds like a very dreary way to begin a vacation.

Archived