Airfare question for folks in Texas

slumdogtexan

I am trying to do a multi-city airticket Austin/Houston/Dallas to Anchorage and Seattle to Austin/Dallas/Houston for July. I am doing a Southbound cruise. The airfares are all over the map so can't tell if I should buy now or wait. Can you share your fares please ?

Thanks

I am trying to do a multi-city airticket Austin/Houston/Dallas to Anchorage and Seattle to Austin/Dallas/Houston for July. I am doing a Southbound cruise. The airfares are all over the map so can't tell if I should buy now or wait. Can you share your fares please ?

Thanks

I've done the Houston to Anchorage (nonstop) and the Seattle to Houston (nonstop) on Continental the past 2 years and paid a little over $500 each time. Haven't looked at the fares for this year as I'm just doing a Seattle round trip this year.

I was originally doing a northbound cruise and my costs from College Station/Houston/Vancouver and return Anchorage/Houston/College Station was around 910.00. I'm now doing the 14 day cruise round trip out of Seattle and paid 480.00 round trip. I'd use kayak.com to look up your multi city flights.

Kim

We are doing continental Houston -> Vancouver (nonstop) then 7 days later Anchorage to Houston (nonstop) at $650 per person. I have been tracking the fare on Yapta and seems like it's not really changing much in the last few weeks.

I was originally doing a northbound cruise and my costs from College Station/Houston/Vancouver and return Anchorage/Houston/College Station was around 910.00. I'm now doing the 14 day cruise round trip out of Seattle and paid 480.00 round trip. I'd use kayak.com to look up your multi city flights.

Kim

I just got a Seattle roundtrip (June 5 to June 13) out of IAH for $328. That "extra" $150 to College Station seems like a lot. It's not all that far from College Station to IAH and you can park at the long term lot there for $6/day (or less at some with coupons.)

You might try one way flights. Nowadays there are almost no restrictions on them and you may even find one way on one airline and the return on a different airline cheaper than a multi-city round-trip on the same airline.

My husband and I are scheduled on Alaska cruise from Seattle 6/20/10 and returning to Seattle. Round trip non-stop airfare DFW/Seattle cost us $898 for 2 people which comes out about $450 per person (includes taxes, etc). This airfare was booked 1 month ago. I procrastinated (I NEVER procrastinate) to see what the airfare was going to do thinking it might go down - BIG MISTAKE - airfare jumped about $100 in that 1 week period that I procrastinated. I have read in the newspaper that it is predicted that airfare is going to go alittle higher for summer travel. I'm not sure I would wait much longer to book the flights. However, that's just my opinion. Good luck and have a great trip! :)

I just got a Seattle roundtrip (June 5 to June 13) out of IAH for $328. That "extra" $150 to College Station seems like a lot. It's not all that far from College Station to IAH and you can park at the long term lot there for $6/day (or less at some with coupons.)

Yes, it's that much more to fly into College Station. I decided it would be about that amount to park plus gas since I'm going to be on a 14 day cruise.

Thanks

Ours is roundtrip El Paso/Dallas/Seattle so I'm not sure how much that info helps but I did our ticketing a month ago for mid-May and the charge was $350 each on American after fees.

We'd originally booked Delta for $335 each but when they changed the connecting city from Salt Lake to Atlanta we were able to cancel and get a refund.

Keep in mind that July is peak season so air is liable to be pricey.

We got tickets with Southwest from Austin to Seattle roundtrip for around 350 per person including taxes and fees. I would probably get tickets soon because for summer travel fares are notoriously higher.

Jet Blue has good fares but I don't know if they fly where you are going. I guess you could also try Priceline or name your own price if possible.

- I have read in the newspaper that it is predicted that airfare is going to go alittle higher for summer travel.

As per Scott Murren, well respected Travel Writer, the summer fares should be going down :

http://www.alaskatravelgram.com/2010/01/17/new-airline-service-in-alaska/

But you are right, can't wait that long.

Thanks

Thanks

Do you live in Austin or Houston or Dallas? I'd use the closest airport instead of trying to save a couple of bucks driving to another city. You should have good flight choices out of any of those cities. Have a wonderful time in spectacular Alaska!

Archived