Approx Balcony Depth - Cabin # 8088 - Brilliance

ckl

Hello,

On the RCL website, it says E1 balcony is 41 square feet. Looking on the ship's layout, the balcony looks extra deep and I had read some negative comments on this board about the balcony being "dark", "cavelike", tunnel-like", and "claustrophobic".

I would appreciate it very much if someone could let me know the approx depth of this cabin.

Thank you in advance :)

I have not stayed in this cabin, but have been in it. The balcony is quite deep(maybe 9 feet or so) from cabin door to the railing. I felt it was kind of "tunnel-like" and a little dark. Our friends who had the cabin also said they could hear "some" noise from the Centrum (music mostly). This seems to be a popular cabin, so I think it is a matter of personal taste. I am sure you will get other opinions and, hopefully, more exact measurments.

Hello,

On the RCL website, it says E1 balcony is 41 square feet. Looking on the ship's layout, the balcony looks extra deep and I had read some negative comments on this board about the balcony being "dark", "cavelike", tunnel-like", and "claustrophobic".

I would appreciate it very much if someone could let me know the approx depth of this cabin.

Thank you in advance :)

Hi....We just got off the Radiance (twin to Brilliance) on Monday, and we were in cabin 8088. It has a GREAT balcony. When we arrived, there was one lounge chair and 4 regular chairs, along with a small table. We asked our cabin attendant to bring us another lounger and she did. DH and I spent many hours on that balcony relaxing with our books. Depending on the time of day, it can be sunny or shady, which is a good thing! As another poster mentioned, we did hear music from the Centrum at night, but that never bothered us--we love music!!:) I'm not good at estimating size, but I'd say the balcony was at least 8 feet or more in depth. Our friends were in the cabin next door, 8086, and their balcony was pie-shaped, which looked very nice. They loved it!

If you have any more questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Karen

I have not stayed in this cabin, but have been in it. The balcony is quite deep(maybe 9 feet or so) from cabin door to the railing. I felt it was kind of "tunnel-like" and a little dark. Our friends who had the cabin also said they could hear "some" noise from the Centrum (music mostly). This seems to be a popular cabin, so I think it is a matter of personal taste. I am sure you will get other opinions and, hopefully, more exact measurments.

Thanks for the info Rala. Hopefully, it won't be no more than 15' deep. It being dark bothers me a bit too because I like lots of natural light. We switched from 9078 to this cabin because of the Concierge Lounge being above it. We had a JS below the pool deck on the Empress and I got woken up early each morning of our cruise with pool lounge chairs being moved by the staff. My husband slept through it; same with our friends in a similar cabin. I'm hoping that the Centrum music won't bother me since I like all sorts of music (except for heavy metal rock) :eek:

Here is a photo I found

Thanks for the photo Panther. Is your photo supposed to be full sized? I clicked on it but it is showing as thumbnail size. My apologies, I am technologically-challenged, but I am very grateful for your photo.

Hi....We just got off the Radiance (twin to Brilliance) on Monday, and we were in cabin 8088. It has a GREAT balcony. When we arrived, there was one lounge chair and 4 regular chairs, along with a small table. We asked our cabin attendant to bring us another lounger and she did. DH and I spent many hours on that balcony relaxing with our books. Depending on the time of day, it can be sunny or shady, which is a good thing! As another poster mentioned, we did hear music from the Centrum at night, but that never bothered us--we love music!!:) I'm not good at estimating size, but I'd say the balcony was at least 8 feet or more in depth. Our friends were in the cabin next door, 8086, and their balcony was pie-shaped, which looked very nice. They loved it!

If you have any more questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Karen

Thanks Karen for writing in your wonderful experience on 8088.

My DH and I love music too, except for head banging hard rock :eek:

We'll definitely ask for a lounger for the two of us; that was a great idea!

Reading our books and enjoying our favourite drinks while listening to the sounds of the ocean waves in the privacy and comforts of our balcony . . . Priceless!!!

Thanks for the photo Panther. Is your photo supposed to be full sized? I clicked on it but it is showing as thumbnail size. My apologies, I am technologically-challenged, but I am very grateful for your photo.

I just googled brilliance of the seas 8088 and got tons of pictures that way.

I don't know how to make them bigger on the screen Sorry:(

If you go to the upper right of the Royal Caribbean forums page, you can put 8088 in the search bar and lots of links will come up.

I've done the search several times and read hours of helpful comments but I didn't see any info about approx depth of 8088. I've also viewed several photos of this cabin but I've never seen a photo like PantherFan's.

Thanks Marci for your help.

The balconies are not "cave-like" or dark. True, you may not always have direct sunlight, but the ambient light is so bright, it's never dark, except at night!

Thanks CB for your reassuring post. My DH loves direct sunlight while I don't (I am prone to heat strokes), so it sounds like both of us will be quite content.

As long as my DH and I have enough daylight to read our books in the balcony, we'll be super happy!

I just googled brilliance of the seas 8088 and got tons of pictures that way.

I don't know how to make them bigger on the screen Sorry:(

Please, no apologies necessary PantherFan, I am the one who is very thankful for your help :) You didn't have to answer my inquiry about this cabin, and yet, you took the time to and even post a photo.

Thanks as well for the advice about googling 8088 Brilliance. I've done that a couple of months before (and also had done the search on this forum) but I will do it again after this post just in case more links show up that I've never seen before.

Thanks Karen for writing in your wonderful experience on 8088.

My DH and I love music too, except for head banging hard rock :eek:

We'll definitely ask for a lounger for the two of us; that was a great idea!

Reading our books and enjoying our favourite drinks while listening to the sounds of the ocean waves in the privacy and comforts of our balcony . . . Priceless!!!

Don't worry about the music from the Centrum. I promise you, I've never heard "head banging hard rock," just really pleasant and enjoyable music. It didn't bother us at all. Hope you have a great cruise, and I know you and your hubby will enjoy cabin 8088 and it's wonderful balcony. It's a winner!!!:)

Karen

Archived