Do away with cabin stewards

islahopper

I got up this morning looked at my unmade bed for the sixth day in a row, showered and used the same towel I've used all week and it got me to thinking. Why do we have to have the room cleaned twice a day, towels changed daily, bed made? I don't do this at home, I can fold my own towel animal, I can go up on deck and fill my own ice bucket, I can trade a dirty towel for a clean one on deck if needed. So are cabin stewards needed? If the cruise line was to cut them out, would it make a difference?

Because plain and simple some people are pigs, can you imagine what some of the rooms would look like and even worse smell like by the end of a cruise if someone wasn't cleaning them daily. BTW I dont' reuse towels and home so I'm sure not going to on a vacation. If I have to do all the cleaning I might as well be at home.

Here's a comparison. On the vacation we take with the kids each year we usually rent a house or a condo. That means even though I'm on vacation I am cooking, cleaning etc for 6 people, just like at home. When DH and I take our cruise together someone else is doing the cooking, the cleaning and for once I actually get a real vacation. A time that other than cleaning up after myself (putting my dirty clothes away etc) I don't have to lift a finger.

Priceless I say :D

I got up this morning looked at my unmade bed for the sixth day in a row, showered and used the same towel I've used all week and it got me to thinking. Why do we have to have the room cleaned twice a day, towels changed daily, bed made? I don't do this at home, I can fold my own towel animal, I can go up on deck and fill my own ice bucket, I can trade a dirty towel for a clean one on deck if needed. So are cabin stewards needed? If the cruise line was to cut them out, would it make a difference?

I think you may have a monority vote on this one..:D;)

I see where you are coming from, but at the same time thats vacation is all about, breaking your routine and handing away your daily duties to someone else lol

So unless cruise fares drop to $99pp for 7 nights, I think they have job security..:D:p

Seriously? Leave the stewards alone. If you don't like the level of service being provided, kindly tell them not to disturb you and allow you wallow in your own filth. (And I mean that in the nicest possible way.)

And man ... I used to think I was living like a twenty-year-old college guy until I read this. Apparently I'm becoming less tolerant of dirty towels and linens in my advanced age.

I think you may have a monority vote on this one..

Monority? I'll at least boost it to stereority.

I like this idea! You could at least make them an optional service for which you pay an extra fee! You could do the same in the main dining room!! Offer a buffet or, for those who appreciate the napkin waving dancers, offer wait staff as an extra cost option!! Think of the savings just in tips!!

Wait, wait... What if you charged an extra fee for the engines and everyone else had to help row!?!?!? I think we could really be onto something here!!!

I don't make made bed most days and I use the same towel 2-3 times before it goes in the laundry. Get my own drinks and fix dinner for the family.

But when I'm on a cruise I love that feeling of being pampered. I like coming back to a clean room after breakfast, turn down service after dinner and the chocolates on the pillow (towel animals I wouldn't miss). Those are the things I don't get at home. I enjoy feeling special while cruising.

I'm so looking forward to taking advantage of all these in 30 days.

OMG.. no stewards, no clean rooms, no clean towels??!! No way, no how!! I would definitely notice the difference. As others have said... I'm on vacation, I don't want to have to do all of that myself. It's nice not to have to worry about emptying a trash can, or scrubbing a toilet. Leave my shoes laying in the middle of the floor and come back to them lined up nicely under the edge of the bed! Now that's what I call a VACATION!!!

Having to clean up myself, fold my own towels, make my own bed, wipe toothpaste of the counter? That's called REALITY and I prefer to leave that behind for a week, THANK YOU!

I got up this morning looked at my unmade bed for the sixth day in a row, showered and used the same towel I've used all week and it got me to thinking. Why do we have to have the room cleaned twice a day, towels changed daily, bed made? I don't do this at home, I can fold my own towel animal, I can go up on deck and fill my own ice bucket, I can trade a dirty towel for a clean one on deck if needed. So are cabin stewards needed? If the cruise line was to cut them out, would it make a difference?[/quote]

Apparently only to you,:rolleyes:

Personaly I like being taken care of.

For you Cat:

PF_997949~Gray-Wolf-Howling-at-Moon-Posters.jpg

I like the Cabin Stewards.

Too bad you couldn't pay extra to pick a specific one though. As excellent as the service has always been, I always seem to get the nice 50 year old guy Steward. I would pay extra for the hot "French Maid" upgrade if it was available.

Archived